Thing. The article discusses the results of the emotional and aesthetic perception of art paintings by 80 students of three faculties of the Ural State Medical University. The correlation between the paintings of the Ural artists and the emotional status of students and their temperament is studied according to the classification of the psycho-emotional state of a person by color, individual characteristics according to the Eysenck technique and Susan Dellinger geometric test. An analysis of the results made it possible to substantiate the psychological characteristics of the personalities of the future generation of doctors. The goal is the analysis and assessment of color preference based on the type of temperament and personal qualities of students of the three faculties using the works of contemporary Ural artists. Methodology. The study was conducted at the Department of Therapeutic Dentistry and Propaedeutics of Dental Diseases of the Ural State Medical University, where in the fall semester of the 2019-2020 academic year a traditional annual exhibition of paintings by modern Ural artists was held. The study was divided into four stages: at the first - search-theoretical - a review and analysis of the literature on keywords was carried out on the resources PubMed, Medline, Cochrane, Elibrary, Cyberleninka; on the second - experimental search - the goal and objectives of the study are set, the criteria are identified; on the third - empirical - diagnostics of the emotional status of the questioned students was carried out according to the classification of the psychoemotional state of the personality according to color perception, testing using two Eysenck techniques, an additional psychogeometric test was conducted to determine the psychotype of the participants in the survey; on the fourth - taxation-based - a description and systematization of the materials obtained, their processing and analysis, text design of the article are carried out. Conclusions. The results of the study can be applied in educational work in the educational process of the university and supplemented by master classes of artists at exhibitions for students.
arts and ethical education, medical students, psychological status, emotional perception, temperament, Eysenck test, the psycho-geometrics test by Susan Dellinger
1. Bektaeva, A. E. (2020). Tsvetoterapiya : Psikhologiya tsveta [Color therapy: Color psychology]. Problemy sovremennoy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education], 2 (147), 84–92. (In Russ.)
2. Drogomeretsky, V. V., Tretjakov, A. A., Sanin, A. V., et al. (2015). [Research of personality traits of students of main and special medical groups]. Problemy sovremennoy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education], 3, 57–63. (In Russ.)
3. Elovikova, T. M., ed. Kovtun, O. P. (2015). Stomatologicheskaya aktivnost' studentov-stomatologov kak faktor professional'nogo stanovleniya lichnosti [Stomatological activity of dental students as the factor of professional development]. Stomatologiya Bol'shogo Urala. III Vserossiyskoye rabocheye soveshchaniye po problemam fundamental'noy stomatologii [Dentistry of the Great Urals, III All-Russian working meeting on the problems of fundamental dentistry], Ekaterinburg : the Ural State Medical University, Institute of Geology and Geochemistry named after Academic Zavaritsky, Institute of Organic Synthesis named after Postovsky, 65–68. (In Russ.)
4. Elovikova, T. M., Grigorjev, S. S., Ron, G. I., Trubchaninova, A. S., et al., ed. Zheleznov, V. M. (2019). Analiz znachimosti khudozhestvenno-esteticheskogo prosveshcheniya studentov na kafedre terapevticheskoy stomatologii i propedevtiki stomatologicheskikh zabolevaniy UGMU [Analysis of significance of artistic and esthetic education of students at the Dental Therapy and Propedeutics of Dental Disease Department of the Ural State Medical University]. Aktual'nyye voprosy stomatologii. III Vserossiyskaya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya s mezhdunarodnym uchastiyem [Current Issues in Dentistry: collection of III All-Russian theoretical-practical conference with international participation], Kirov, 86–88. (In Russ.)
5. Elovikova, T. M., Grigorjev, S. S., Chernavsky, A. F. (2020). Optimizatsiya proizvodstvennoy praktiki po terapevticheskoy stomatologii v professional'noy podgotovke studentov: nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya kak opredelyayushchiy etap stanovleniya budushchego spetsialista [Optimization of preventive dentistry practical training for students’ professional-applied training: theoretical-practical conference as the main stage of development of a future specialist]. Materialy Mezhdunarodnogo kongressa «Stomatologiya Bol'shogo Urala» [Materials of International Congress Dentistry of the Great Urals], Ekaterinburg, 141–144. (In Russ.)
6. Elovikova, T. M., Grigorjev, S. S., Sablina, S. S., et al. (2019). Professional'no oriyentirovannyy podkhod lichnostnogo razvitiya studentov-stomatologov na klinicheskoy kafedre: kachestvo vypolneniya professional'noy gigiyeny polosti rta [Professional-oriented approach of the personal development of dental students at the Clinical Department: quality of the professional oral hygiene]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in Dentistry], 4, 177–184. (In Russ.)
7. Elovikova, T. M., Grigorjev, S. S., Koshcheev, A. S. (2020). Otsenka navykov esteticheskogo modelirovaniya zubov starshekursnikami stomatologicheskogo fakul'teta [Evaluation of skills of teeth esthetic modeling by senior students of the Faculty of Dentistry]. Vestnik UGMU [Bulletin of the Ural State Medical University], 1, 16–19. (In Russ.)
8. Zholudev, S. E., Mandra, Y. V. (2015). Stranitsy istorii Ural'skoy nauchno-pedagogicheskoy shkoly stomatologii [Pages of history of the Ural Science-Pedagogical Dentistry School]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in Dentistry], 3-4, 57–60. (In Russ.)
9. Isaeva, A. D., Elovikova, T. M., Grigorjev, S. S. (2019). Analiz manual'nykh navykov modelirovaniya zubov starshekursnikami stomatologicheskogo fakul'teta kak instrumenta kachestvennoy podgotovki budushchikh vrachey [Analysis of manual skills of teeth modeling of senior students of the Dental Faculty as the quality tool for preparing the doctor of the future]. Aktual'nyye voprosy sovremennoy meditsinskoy nauki i zdravookhraneniya : materialy IV Mezhdunarodnoy (74-y Vserossiyskoy) nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh i studentov, Vserossiyskogo foruma meditsinskikh i farmatsevticheskikh vuzov, posvyashchennyye 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya rektora Sverdlovskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo instituta professora Vasiliya Nikolayevicha Klimova [Current Issues of Modern Medical Science and Health Care, Materials of IV International (74-th All-Russian) science-practical conference of young scientists and students, All-Russian forum of medical and pharmaceutical institutes devoted to the 100-th anniversary of Rector of Sverdlovsk State Medical Institute Professor V. N. Klimov], Ekaterinburg, 700–704. (In Russ.)
10. Kireeva, Z. A. (2014). Issledovaniye tsvetovykh predpochteniy cheloveka i ikh vzaimosvyazi s lichnostnymi osobennostyami [Research on personal colorful preferences and their correlation with personal specifics]. Vestnik Kurganskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Kurgan State University], 1, 21–24. (In Russ.)
11. Krasnikova, O. P., Suschenko, A. V., Vusataya, E. V., et al. (2015). Vliyaniye esteticheskogo vospitaniya studenta meditsinskogo vuza na formirovaniye professional'nykh kompetentsiy budushchego vracha [Effects of esthetic education of students to develop professional competencies of future doctors]. Molodoy uchenyy [Young Scientist], 13, 279–281. (In Russ.)
12. Kuznetsov, M. A. (2018). Tsvetnaya psikhologiya: Emotsional'nyye effekty tsvetov [Color psychology: color emotional effects]. Innovatsionnyye issledovaniya: problemy vnedreniya rezul'tatov i napravleniya razvitiya : sbornik statey Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Innovative research: implementation results and development trends, collection of International scientific-practical conference], 263–266. (In Russ.)
13. Lomiashvili, L. M., Mikhailovsky, S. G., Pogadaev, D. V. et al. (2016). Obosnovaniye i vnedreniye uchebno-metodicheskogo kompleksa po modelirovaniyu zubov v ramkakh distsipliny «Stomatologiya» [Rationale and implementation of teeth modeling teaching materials for Dental Discipline]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in Dentistry] 3, 101–106.
14. Mandra, Y. V., Zholudev, S. E., Shkinder, N. L. (2020). Meditsina budushchego: innovatsionnyye obrazovatel'nyye programmy stomatologicheskogo fakul'teta UGMU [Medicine’s future: innovative educational programs of the Dental Faculty of the Ural State Medical University]. Materialy Mezhdunarodnogo kongressa «Stomatologiya Bol'shogo Urala» [Materials of International Congress Dentistry of the Great Urals], Ekaterinburg, 156–161. (In Russ.)
15. Privalova, V. M. (2016). Znakovo-simvolicheskiy kontekst kul'tury [Cultural signs and symbolic context]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk [Bulletin of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Social, humanitarian, medicobiological sciences], 1(2), 245–249. (In Russ.)
16. Privalova, V. M. (2015). Samoidentifikatsiya v kul'ture. Empiricheskoye issledovaniye [Cultural self-identification. Empirical Study]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk [Bulletin of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 1 (3), 747–757. (In Russ.)
17. Ron, G. I., Starostin, A. N., Starostina, M. V. (2016). Stanovleniye i razvitiye stomatologii na Srednem Urale [Formation and development of dental medicine in the Middle Ural]. Ekaterinburg : the Ural State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia. (In Russ.)
18. Trubchaninova, A. S., Elovikova, T. M., Grigorjev, S. S., Poladjan, K. Z. et al. (2020). Khudozhestvenno–esteticheskoye vospitaniye studentov na kafedre terapevticheskoy stomatologii i propedevtiki stomatologicheskikh zabolevaniy [Arts and ethical education of students at the Dental Therapy and Propedeutics of Dental Disease Department]. Materialy Mezhdunarodnogo kongressa «Stomatologiya Bol'shogo Urala». 4–6 dekabrya 2019 goda [Materials of International Congress Dentistry of the Great Urals], Ekaterinburg, 164–165. (In Russ.)
19. Dahan, S., Shoenfeld, Y. (2017). A picture is worth a thousand words: art and medicine. Isr Med Assoc J, 19, 772–776.
20. Gowda, D., Dubroff, R., Williem, A., et al. (2018). Art as Sanctuary: a four-year mixed-methods evaluation of a visual art course addressing uncertainty reflection. Acad Med, 93, 8–13.
21. Haidet, P., Jarecke, J., Adams, N. et al. (2016). A guiding framework to maximize power of the arts in medical education: a systematic review and metasynthesis. Med Educ, 50 (3), 320–327.
22. Hopkins, L., Morgan, H., Bliss, S. et al. (2019). To the point: a prescription for well-being in medical education. J Obstet Gynecol, 221, 542–548.
23. Jasani, S. K., Saks, N. S. (2013). Utilizing visual art to enhance the clinical observation skills of medical students. Med Teach, 35 (7), 132–133.
24. Katz, T., Khoshbin, S. (2014). Can visual arts training improve physician performance? Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc, 125 (3), 331–341.
25. Mukunda, N., Moghbeli, N., Rizzo, A. et al. (2019). Visual art instruction in medical education : a narrative review. Med Educ Online, 24 (1), 155–157.
26. Osman, M., Eacott, B., Willson, S. (2019). Art-based intrventions in healthcare education. BMJ J Med Hum, 44 (1), 130–135.
27. Pitman, B. (2017). Art museum and medical school partnerships program descriptions. doi: 10.2202 / 1940-7882.1050
28. Zazulak, J., Sanaee, M., Frolic, A. et al. (2017). The art of medicine: arts-based training in observation and mindfulness for fostering the empathic response in medical residents. Med Humanit, 43 (3), 192–198.
29. Zazulak, J., Halgren, C., Tan, M. et al. (2015). The impact of an arts – based program on the affective and cognitive components of empathic development. Med Humanit, 41 (1), 69–74.