Objectives. To evaluate the correlation between the psycho-emotional state and the pain factor in patients with oral lichen planus (OLP). Methodology. Patients (n = 287) with various verified clinical forms of OLP of the oral mucosa (OM) and patients of the control group (without OLP) (n = 32), matched by gender and age, were studied. The levels of anxiety and depression were studied according to the Beck method, the intensity of pain sensations on a visual analog scale using author's computer programs. Results. In the structure of the examined patients with OLP, the following clinical forms prevailed: typical form was 39.7% (n = 114), erosive-ulcerative – 31.0% (n = 89), exudative-hyperemic – 21.9% (n = 63 ), other forms – 7.4%, (n = 21). Analysis of the correlation between pain and anxiety (BAI) and depression (BDI) revealed positive mean correlations: r = 0.5627 (95% CI 0.4754–0.6390) and r = 0.4349 (95% CI 0, 3330–0.5268), at p < 0.0001, respectively. It is worth noting that the pain factor had a 29% greater influence on the state of anxiety than on the depression factor. Conclusion. In the complex therapy of OLP, it is necessary to take into account the psychological profile of patients, pain, understanding that these factors can be either initiating or supporting the pathological state. In view of this, the issue of an interdisciplinary approach and general planning of therapy with the involvement of specialized specialists is especially acute. The applied author's programs have shown convenience for both doctors and patients.
oral lichen planus, stress, anxiety, depression, pain, interdisciplinary approach
1. Anisimova I.V., Simonyan L.A. Chastota sochetaniya krasnogo ploskogo lishaya s somaticheskoy patologiey i mestnymi neblagopriyatnymi faktorami polosti rta. Problemy stomatologii. 2019;15(1):16-22. [I.V. Anisimova, Simonyan L.A. The frequency of combination of lichen planus with somatic pathology and local unfavorable factors of the oral cavity. Actual Problems in Dentistry. 2019;15(1):16-22. (In Russ.)]. DOI 10.18481/2077-7566-2019-15-1-16-22.
2. Vil'danov M.N. Svidetel'stvo o gosudarstvennoy registracii programmy dlya EVM № 2020663698. Rossiyskaya Federaciya. ConScale : № 2020662961 : zayavl. 17.10.2020 : opubl. 30.10.2020. [M.N. Vildanov. Certificate of state registration of the computer program No. 2020663698. Russian Federation. ConScale : No. 2020662961 : Appl. 10/17/2020 : publ. 10/30/2020. (In Russ.)]. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44244232
3. Vil'danov M.N., Gerasimova L.P., Chemikosova T.S. Svidetel'stvo o gosudarstvennoy registracii programmy dlya EVM № 2022614825 Rossiyskaya Federaciya. PainStim – ocenka bolevyh oschuscheniy : № 2022613653 : zayavl. 15.03.2022 : opubl. 28.03.2022 / ; Bashkirskiy gosudarstvennyy medicinskiy universitet Ministerstva zdravoohraneniya. [M.N. Vildanov, L.P. Gerasimova, T.S. Chemikosova. Certificate of state registration of the computer program No. 2022614825 Russian Federation. PainStim - Pain Score : No. 2022613653 : Appl. 03/15/2022 : publ. 03/28/2022 / ; Bashkir State Medical University of the Ministry of Health. (In Russ.)]. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=48371257
4. Guryevskaya O., Usmanova I., Hismatullina Z. et al. A modern view on the etiology and pathogenesis of lichen planus and lichenoid lesions of the oral mucosa // Actual Problems in Dentistry. – 2021;17(2):5-13. DOI 10.18481/2077-7566-20-17-2-5-13.
5. Gururaj N., Hasinidevi P., Janani V., Divynadaniel T. Diagnosis and management of oral lichen planus – Review // J Oral Maxillofac Pathol. – 2021;25(3):383-393. doi: 10.4103/jomfp.jomfp_386_21.
6. Kappelmann N., Arloth J., Georgakis M.K., Czamara D., Rost N., Ligthart S., Khandaker G. M., Binder E.B. Dissecting the association between inflammation, metabolic dysregulation, and specific depressive symptoms // JAMA Psychiatry. – 2020;78(2):161-170. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2020.3436
7. Wiriyakijja P., Porter S., Fedele S., Hodgson T., McMillan R., Shephard M., Ni Riordain R. Validation of the HADS and PSS-10 and psychological status in patients with oral lichen planus // Oral Diseases. – 2020;26(1):96-110. https://doi.org/10.1111/odi.13220
8. Yuwanati M., Gondivkar S., Sarode S.C., Gadbail A., Sarode G.S., Patil S., Mhaske S. Impact of Oral Lichen Planus on Oral Health-Related Quality of Life: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis // Clin Pract. – 2021;11(2):272-286. doi: 10.3390/clinpract11020040.