Prevention of dental caries in children occupies one of the first places in pediatric dentistry. Indeed, during the period of tertiary mineralization of the enamel, it is necessary to pay special attention to the mineralization of the enamel of the teeth. The most urgent issue is the prevention of dental caries at this time. Correctly selected basic and additional oral hygiene products have a preventive effect. Dental caries has a multifactorial etiology. It can be a genetic factor, eating of carbohydrate foods and sugars in large amounts , poor oral hygiene,ecology and others. It has been proven that the technogenic load of the environment negatively affects the dental health of children. The children are most sensitive to environmental influences. The purpose of this work was to determine the most effective preventive action of the selected combinations of oral hygiene products for children of primary school age who were born and live in areas under different anthropogenic loads. Methodology. Various combinations of basic and additional oral hygiene products for primary school children, containing fluorine and amorphous nanohydroxyapatite, have been proposed. Studied: enamel caries resistance, oral fluid pH, oral fluid microcrystallization, tooth electrical conductivity, etc. According to the results of the study, the most effective combinations of oral hygiene products were selected for dental caries prevention of the primary school children who were born and live at different levels of anthropogenic load. The children and their parents were trained in the correct methodology for oral care and proper nutrition.
dental caries, prevention, anthropogenic load, nanohydroxyapatite, fluoride
1. Andrianova Yu.V., Chuykin O.S., Gil'manov M.V. i dr. Analiz chastoty rozhdeniya detey s vrozhdennymi porokami razvitiya v gorode s neftehimicheskoy promyshlennost'yu. Problemy stomatologii. 2020;16(1):139-142. [Yu.V. Andrianova, O.S. Chuikin, M.V. Gilmanov et al. Analysis of the birth rate of children with congenital malformations in a city with a petrochemical industry. Actual problems in dentistry. 2020;16(1):139-142. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.18481/2077-7566-20-16-1-139-142
2. Makeeva I.M., Polyakova M.A., Doroshina V.Yu. i dr. Sravnitel'naya ocenka effektivnosti lechebno-profilakticheskih zubnyh past, soderzhaschih ftorid i gidroksiapatit. Stomatologiya. 2018;5:34-40. [I.M. Makeeva, M.A. Polyakova, V.Yu. Doroshina et al. Comparative assessment of the effectiveness of therapeutic and prophylactic toothpastes containing fluoride and hydroxyapatite. Dentistry. 2018;5:34-40. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.17116/stomat20189705134
3. Mityaeva T.S., Skripkina G.I., Ekimov E.V. i dr. Vozmozhnost' prognozirovaniya kariesa zubov u detey v period smennogo prikusa. Problemy stomatologii. 2020;16(3):113-122. [T.S. Mityaeva, G.I. Skripkina, E.V. Ekimov et al. Possibility of predicting dental caries in children during mixed bite. Actual problems in dentistry. 2020;16(3):113-122. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.18481/2077-7566-2020-16-3-113-122
4. Nasretdinova N.Yu., Mandra Yu.V., Bazarnyy V.V., Kotikova A.Yu. i dr. Ocenka vliyaniya lechebno-profilakticheskih zubnyh past na sozrevanie emali v aspekte vozrasta i stepeni aktivnosti kariesa u shkol'nikov 6-7, 12, 15 let. Problemy stomatologii. 2021;2:115-120. [N.Yu. Nasretdinov, Yu.V. Mandra, V.V. Bazarny, A.Yu. Kotikova et al. Assessment of the effect of therapeutic and prophylactic toothpastes on the maturation of enamel in terms of age and the degree of caries activity in schoolchildren 6-7, 12, 15 years old. Actual problems in dentistry. 2021;2:115-120. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.18481/2077-7566-20-17-2-115-120
5. Petrova P.G., Borisova N.V., Markova S.V. i dr. Vliyanie ekologicheskih faktorov sredy na sostoyanie zdorov'ya detey goroda Yakutska. Vestnik Severo-Vostochnogo federal'nogo universiteta. Seriya: Medicinskie nauki. 2016;2:12-18. [P.G. Petrova, N.V. Borisova, S.V. Markova et al. Influence of environmental factors of the environment on the state of health of children in the city of Yakutsk. Bulletin of the North-Eastern Federal University. Series: Medical Sciences. 2016;2:12-18. (In Russ.)]. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id = 26538510
6. Samatova R.Z., Safina R.M., Ahmetova G.M. Ocenka kariesprofilakticheskoy effektivnosti sredstv gigieny polosti rta na osnove gidroksiapatita. Stomatologiya detskogo vozrasta i profilaktika. 2019;19;4(72):11-14. [R.Z. Samatova, R.M. Safina, G.M. Akhmetova. Evaluation of caries prophylactic efficacy of oral hygiene products based on hydroxyapatite. Pediatric dentistry and prevention. 2019;19;4(72):11-14. (In Russ.)]yu https://doi.org/10.33925/1683-3031-2019-19-4-11-14
7. Skripkina G.I., Ekimov E.V., Nikitin Yu.B. Kolichestvennaya ocenka urovnya mineralizuyuschego potenciala rotovoy zhidkosti u detey. Problemy stomatologii. 2020;16(1):127-132. [G.I. Skripkina, E.V. Ekimov, Yu. B. Nikitin. Quantitative assessment of the level of the mineralizing potential of the oral fluid in children. Actual problems in dentistry. 2020;16(1):127-132. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.18481/2077-7566-20-16-1-127-132
8. Smetanin A.A., Ekimov E.V., Skripkina G.I. Ionoobmennye processy v emali zubov i sredstva dlya ee remineralizacii (obzor literatury). Stomatologiya detskogo vozrasta i profilaktika. 2020;1:77-80. [A.A. Smetanin, E.V. Ekimov, G.I. Skripkina. Ion exchange processes in tooth enamel and means for remineralization (literature review). Pediatric Dentistry and Prevention. 2020;1:77-80. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.33925/1683-3031-2020-20-1-77-80
9. Solov'eva Zh.V. Primenenie nanogidroksiapatita v profilaktike kariesa emali. Nauchnyy al'manah. 2018;3-2:165-167. [Zh.V. Solovyova. The use of nanohydroxyapatite in the prevention of enamel caries. Scientific Almanac. 2018;3-2:165-167. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.17117/na.2018.03.02.165
10. Shakovec N.V., Zhilevich A.V. Primenenie kal'ciy-fosfatsoderzhaschih sredstv dlya profilaktiki i neinvazivnogo lecheniya kariesa zubov. Stomatologicheskiy zhurnal. 2019;2:91-96. [N.V. Shakovets, A.V. Zhilevich. The use of calcium-phosphate-containing agents for the prevention and non-invasive treatment of dental caries. Dental journal. 2019;2:91-96. (In Russ.)]. https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id = 42481718
11. Bandekar S., Patil S., Dudulwar D. et al. Remineralization potential of fluoride, amorphous calcium phosphate-casein phosphopeptide, and combination of hydroxylapatite and fluoride on enamel lesions: An in vitro comparative evaluation // J. Conserv. Dent. – 2019;22(3):305-309. https://dx.doi.org/10.4103%2FJCD.JCD_13_19
12. Cheng L., Zhang K., Weir M.D. et al. Nanotechnology strategies for antibacterial and remineralizing composites and adhesives to tackle dental caries // Nanomedicine. – 2015;10;4:627-641. https://dx.doi.org/10.2217%2Fnnm.14.191
13. Dewani N., Kashyap N., Avinash A. et al. Effect of casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate as a remineralizing agent - An In Vivo study // Indian. J. Dent. Res. – 2019;30(6):820-825. doi: 10.4103/ijdr.IJDR_779_17.
14. Ebadifar A., Nomani M., Fatemi S.A. Effect of nano-hydroxyapatite toothpaste on microhardness of artificial carious lesions created on extracted teeth // J. Dent. Res. Dent. Clin. Dent. Prospects. – 2017;11:14-17. https://doi.org/10.15171/joddd.2017.003
15. Llena C., Leyda A.M., Forner L. CPP-ACP and CPP-ACFP versus fluoride varnish in remineralisation of early caries lesions a prospective study // Eur. J. Paediatr. Dent. – 2015;16:181-186. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26418918/
16. Philip N. State of the Art Enamel Remineralization Systems: The Next Frontier in Caries Management // Caries Res. – 2019;53(3):284-295. https://doi.org/10.1159/000493031
17. Pitts N.B., Zero D.T., Marsh P.D. et al. Dental caries // Nat. Rev. Dis. Prim. – 2017;3:17030. doi: 10.1038/nrdp.2017.30.
18. Santamaria R.M., Schmoeckel J., Basner R. et al. Caries Trends in the Primary Dentition of 6- to 7-Year-old Schoolchildren in Germany from 1994 to 2016: Results from the German National Oral Health Surveys in Children // Caries Res. – 2019;53(6):659-666. doi: 10.1159/000500854
19. Utneja S., Talwar S., Nawal R.R. et al. Evaluation of remineralization potential and mechanical properties of pit and fissure sealants fortified with nano-hydroxyapatite and nano-amorphous calcium phosphate fillers: An in vitro study // J. Conserv. Dent. – 2018;21(6):681-690. https://doi.org/10.4103/jcd.jcd_31_18
20. Varma V., Hegde K.S., Bhat S.S. et al. Comparative Evaluation of Remineralization Potential of Two Varnishes Containing CPP-ACP and Tricalcium Phosphate: An In Vitro Study // Int. J. Clin. Pediatr. Dent. – 2019;12(3):233-236. https://dx.doi.org/10.5005%2Fjp-journals-10005-1629