Subject. One of the features of the current stage of development of Russian health care system is a targeted approach to physically challenged children; these are not only children with disabilities, but also children with autism spectrum disorder. Special programs based on behavior modification have been developed for teaching oral hygiene to children with autism, in addition to traditional oral hygiene education modern gadgets are now increasingly being used. A pediatric dentist needs to integrate into modern youth trends, create methods for motivating children to oral hygiene using modern propaganda tools, including interactive ones, using smart technologies and augmented reality, which significantly increase involvement of the population. Purpose — is to compare the effectiveness of modern methods of preventing dental diseases in children with autism spectrum disorders in the subjects of the Ural Federal District. Methodology. The research materials were data from the annual reports of the lider specialist pediatric dentist of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation in the Ural Federal District, the available techniques and best practices in prevention of dental diseases in children with autism spectrum disorders. Results. A comparative analysis confirms the importance and relevance of measures for the primary prevention of dental diseases in children with autism spectrum disorders. Conclusions. The most promising are Smart-technologies, the great social significance of the result of the implementation of projects is unconditional. Low costs for the introduction and maintenance of the product Smart-technologies for the prevention of dental diseases, ensure the implementation of projects in practice, including this category of children. Taking into account national federal project “Electronic Health”, there is the possibility of introducing Smart-technologies into the practice of medical organizations. Given the relevance of the problem and the novelty of the solution, combined with the low cost of implementing this technology, the importance of ongoing projects is assessed as high.
pediatric dentistry, autism spectrum disorders, caries prevention, augmented reality, smart-technologies, health school, schoolchildren, dental health, caries, oral hygiene
1. Ageenko, N. V., Dorofeeva, D. D. (2017). Innovatsionnyye tekhnologii v obrazovatel'nom protsesse: tendentsii, perspektivy razvitiya [Innovative technologies in the educational process: trends, development prospects]. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya : Psikhologo-pedagogicheskiye nauki [Bulletin of the Samara State Technical University. Series: Psychological and Pedagogical Sciences], 2 (34), 6–15. (In Russ.)
2. Akbaeva, D. Zh., Bobrova, V. V. (2019). Koeffitsiyent lyudey s rasstroystvom autisticheskogo spektra v mire i al'ternativnyye metody yego korrektsii i lecheniya [The coefficient of people with autism spectrum disorder in the world and alternative methods for its correction and treatment]. Nauchnoye obozreniye. Pedagogicheskiye nauki [Scientific Review. Pedagogical sciences], 1, 54–58. (In Russ.)
3. Borodina, L. G. (2015). Rekomendatsii roditelyam pri predpolozhenii u rebenka rasstroystva autisticheskogo spektra [Recommendations to parents on the assumption of a child with an autism spectrum disorder]. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya [Autism and developmental disorders], 13, 4, 39–43. (In Russ.)
4. Borodina, L. G., Pismennaya, N. V. (2017). Meditsinskiye aspekty soprovozhdeniya detey s rasstroystvami autisticheskogo spektra [Medical aspects of accompanying children with autism spectrum disorders]. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya [Autism and developmental disorders], 15, 3, 3–8. (In Russ.) doi:10.17759/autdd.2017150301
5. Bystrova, T. Yu., Tokarskaya, L. V. (2016). Proyektirovaniye obrazovatel'noy sredy dlya detey s rasstroystvami autisticheskogo spektra: k postanovke voprosa [Designing the educational environment for children with autism spectrum disorders: to pose a question]. Izvestiya Ural'skogo federal'nogo universiteta. Ser. 1. Problemy obrazovaniya, nauki i kul'tury [Bulletin of the Ural Federal University. Ser. 1. Problems of education, science and culture], 1 (147), 168–174. (In Russ.)
6. Gavrilova, E. G. (2018). Tekhnologii dopolnennoy real'nosti i drugiye «skazochnyye» vozmozhnosti v rabote biblioteki : prakticheskiye rekomendatsii [Augmented reality technologies and other “fabulous” opportunities in the library: practical recommendations]. Petrozavodsk : National Library of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 4. (In Russ.)
7. Kaisner, E., Raffo, D., Wunsch-Vincent, S. (2016). Robototekhnika: proryvnyye tekhnologii, innovatsii, intellektual'naya sobstvennost' [Robotics: breakthrough technologies, innovations, intellectual property]. Forsayt [Foresight], 10 (2), 7–27. (In Russ.) doi:10.17323/1995-459X.2016.2.7.27
8. Kiselnikova, L. P., Drobotko, L. N., Miloserdova, K. B. (2017). Okazaniye stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi detyam s rasstroystvami autisticheskogo spektra [Dental care for children with autism spectrum disorders]. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya [Autism and developmental disorders], 15, 3, 9–15. (In Russ.) doi: 10.17759/autdd.2017150302
9. Klochko, E. Yu. (2018). Predlozheniya po realizatsii kompleksnogo mezhvedomstvennogo podkhoda v sovershenstvovanii mekhanizmov organizatsii obrazovaniya detey s OVZ i invalidnost'yu [Suggestions for the implementation of a comprehensive interagency approach to improving the mechanisms for organizing the education of children with disabilities and disabilities]. Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya [Autism and developmental disorders], 16, 1, 3–12. (In Russ.) doi:10.17759/autdd.2018160101
10. Levanov, V. M. (2012). Osnovnyye napravleniya razvitiya regional'nykh sistem elektronnogo zdravookhraneniya [The main directions of development of regional e-health systems]. Sotsial'nyye aspekty zdorov'ya naseleniya [Social aspects of public health], 27, 5, 9. (In Russ.)
11. Mandra, Yu. V., Bazarny, V. V., Chupakhin, O. N., Khonina, T. G., Sementsova, E. A., Svetlakova, E. N., Kotikova, A. Yu., Legkikh, A. V., Polushina, L. G., Teslenko, A. Yu. (2017). Kliniko-morfologicheskaya otsenka effektivnosti primeneniya innovatsionnoy lechebno-profilakticheskoy zubnoy pasty v kompleksnom lechenii patsiyentov molodogo vozrasta s osnovnymi stomatologicheskimi zabolevaniyami [Clinical and morphological evaluation of the effectiveness of the use of innovative therapeutic and preventive toothpaste in the complex treatment of young patients with major dental diseases]. Problemy stomatologii [Problems of Dentistry], 13 (3), 29–35. (In Russ.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.18481/2077-7566-2017-13-3-29-35
12. Ob utverzhdenii standarta spetsializirovannoy meditsinskoy pomoshchi detyam s obshchimi rasstroystvami psikhologicheskogo razvitiya (autisticheskogo spektra) : prikaz Minzdrava Rossii ot 02.02.2015 g. № 32n [On approval of the standard of specialized medical care for children with general disorders of psychological development (autistic spectrum): order of the Ministry of Health of Russia dated 02.02.2015, No. 32n]. Registered in the Ministry of Justice of Russia 02.20.2015 ; 36143. (In Russ.)
13. (2017). O Kontseptsii kompleksnogo soprovozhdeniya lyudey s rasstroystvami autisticheskogo spektra i drugimi mental'nymi narusheniyami v Khanty-Mansiyskom avtonomnom okruge – Yugre do 2020 goda : rasporyazheniye pravitel'stva Khanty-Mansiyskogo avtonomnogo okruga – YUGRY [On the Concept of comprehensive support for people with autism spectrum disorders and other mental disorders in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra until 2020: an order of the Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug]. UGRA, May 5, 261.-rp. (In Russ.)
14. Tsvetkova, L. A., Kuznetsov, P. P., Kurakova, N. G. (2014). Otsenka perspektiv razvitiya mobil'noy meditsiny - mHealth na osnovanii dannykh naukometricheskogo i patentnogo analiza [Assessment of the prospects for the development of mobile medicine - mHealth based on data from scientometric and patent analysis]. Vrach i informatsionnyye tekhnologii [Doctor and Information Technologies], 4, 66–77. (In Russ.)
15. Cherchenko, O. V. (2018). Tekhnologii dopolnennoy i virtual'noy real'nosti v meditsine: analiz konkurentnogo landshafta [Technology of augmented and virtual reality in medicine: analysis of the competitive landscape]. Ekonomika nauki [Economics of science], 4 (1), 69–80. (In Russ.) doi: 10.22394/2410-132X-2017-4-1-69-80
16. American Academy of Pediatrics. (2014). Maintaining and improving the oral health of young children. Pediatrics, 134 (6), 1224–1229. DOI: 10.1542/peds.2014-2984
17. Burgette, J. M., Rezaie, A. (2019). Association between Autism Spectrum Disorder and Caregiver-Reported Dental Caries in Children. JDR Clinical & Translational Research, 238008441987544. DOI: 10.1177/2380084419875441
18. Chan, D. F. Y., Chan, S. H. Y., So, H. K. et al. (2014). Dental health of preschool children with autism spectrum disorder in Hong Kong. Hong Kong J Paediatr, 19 (3), 161–168.
19. Como, D., Florindez, L., Tran, C. et al. (2019). Examining unconscious bias embedded in provider language regarding children with autism. Nursing & Health Sciences. DOI: 10.1111/nhs.12617.
20. Eades, D., Leung, P., Cronin, A. et al. (2019). Treating dental patients on the autism spectrum. BDJ Team, 6, 19–25. DOI: 10.1038/s41407-019-0189-0.
21. Eades, D., Leung, P., Cronin, A. et al. (2019). UK dental professionals' knowledge, experience and confidence when treating patients on the autism spectrum. British Dental Journal, 227, 504–510. 10.1038/s41415-019-0786-5.
22. El Khatib, A. A., El Tekeya, M. M., El Tantawi, M. A. et al. (2014). Oral health status and behaviours of children with autism spectrum disorder: a case–control study. Int J Paediatr Dent, 24 (4), 314–323.
23. Florindez, L., Floríndez, D., Floríndez, F. et al. (2019). Oral Care Experiences of Latino Parents/Caregivers with Children with Autism and with Typically Developing Children. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16, 2905. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph16162905.
24. Hariyani, N., Soebekti, R. H., Setyowati, D. et al. (2019). Factors influencing the severity of dental caries among Indonesian children with autism spectrum disorder - a pilot study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent, 11, 227–233. DOI: 10.2147/CCIDE.S205041
25. Nasretdinova, N., Mandra, Yu., Polushina, L., Bazarnyy, V., Mandra, E., Boldyrev, Yu., Vlasova, M., Dimitrova, Yu. (2019). Vozrastnaya dinamika stomatologicheskikh i laboratornykh pokazateley zdorov'ya u detey Yekaterimburga (5-6, 12, 15 let) [Age dynamics of dental and laboratory health indicators in Yekaterimburg children (5-6, 12, 15 years)]. Problemy stomatologii [Problems of Dentistry], 15, 3, 116–120. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.18481/2077-7566-2019-15-3-116-120
26. Nasretdinova, N., Vorozhcova, L., Mandra, Yu., Sorokoumova, D., Gegalina, N., Yepishova, A. (2019). Dinamika stomatologicheskoy zabolevayemosti detskogo naseleniya g. Yekaterinburga [The dynamics of the dental incidence of the child population of Yekaterimburg]. Problemy stomatologii [Problems of Dentistry], 15, 2, 74–78. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.18481/2077-7566-2019-15-2-74-78
27. Silva, S. N., Gimenez, T., Souza, R. C. et al. (2017). Oral health status of children and young adults with autism spectrum disorders: systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Paediatr Dent, 27 (5), 388–398.
28. Stein, D. L., Florindez, L., Como, D. H. et al. (2019). Strategies for Success: A Qualitative Study of Caregiver and Dentist Approaches to Improving Oral Care for Children with Autism. Pediatric dentistry, 41, 4E–12E.
29. Stein, D. L., Polido, J. N., Cermak, S. (2012). Oral care experiences and challenges in children with autism spectrum disorders. Pediatric dentistry, 34, 387–391.