Subject. To improve the effectiveness of prosthetics for tooth loss, an abutment is proposed, which is used both as an artificial crown and a gum former, which is especially important for prosthetics in the frontal group of teeth. An analysis was made of the local content of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) 8 and 9 and their tissue inhibitor (TIMP) and buccal cytology in patients before and after dental implantation surgery using the author's technique and the traditional protocol. Objective ― to evaluate the effectiveness and non-invasiveness of using the author’s abutment design under immediate loading by evaluating oral homeostasis and the level of cell proliferation. Methodology. Three groups of patients were examined: the main of 25 patients from 30 to 60 years old, who used the original technique, comparisons - 40 patients of the same age, where prosthetics and implantation were performed according to the traditional two-stage protocol and a control group of 40 somatically preserved patients of the same age, which do not require dental prosthetics. In all groups, MPP 8, 9, TIMP were studied, and the buccal cytology was also evaluated. Results. The pathogenetic role of disorders of the connective tissue matrix in the development of early complications of dental implantation was revealed. Findings: Laboratory studies and clinical observations of patients of the main group and the comparison group indicate the effectiveness and non-invasiveness of the original methods of prosthetics on implants using an individual abutment with a gingiva shaper.
dental implantation, individual healing abutment, matrix metalloproteinase-8, matrix metalloproteinase‑9, tissue inhibitor of the metalloproteinase, buccal cells
1. Bazarnyi, V. V., Polushina, L. G., Vanevskaya, E. A. (2014). Immunologicheskij analiz rotovoj zhidkosti kak potencial’nyj diagnosticheskij instrument [Immunological analysis of oral fluid as a potential diagnostic tool]. Rossijskij immunologicheskij zhurnal [Russian Immunological Journal], 8 (17), 3, 769–771. (In Russ.)
2. Zholudev, S. E., Zholudev, D. S., Nersesyan, P. M. (2017). Ispolsovanie individualnogo abatmenta avtorskoi konstrukcii kak formirovatelya desni pri implantacii s nemedlennoi nagruskoi [Use of an individual abutment of the author’s design as a gingiva former for implantation with immediate loading]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in dentistry], 1 (13), 104–108. (In Russ.)
3. Koleda, P. A., Zholudev, S. E. (2010). Osobennosti ispol'zovaniya individual'no frezeruemyh abatmentov iz dioksida cirkoniya s keramicheskoj oblicovkoj [Features of the use of individually milled zirconia abutments with ceramic lining]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in dentistry], 5, 26–28. (In Russ.)
4. Nersesyan, P. M., Zholudev, S. E., Bazarny, V. V., Polushina, L. G., Maksimova, A. Yu. (2019). Laboratornoe obosnovanie atravmatichnosti ispolsovaniya individualnogo formirovatelya desni pri dentalnoi implantazii [Laboratory substantiation of the noninvasive use of an individual gingival former for dental implantation]. Ural'skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural Medical Journal], 9 (177), 37–40. (In Russ.)
5. Slejko, V. V., Zholudev, S. E. (2013). Komp'yuternaya tomografiya kak osnovnoj instrument pri planirovanii i prognozirovanii kompleksnogo stomatologicheskogo lecheniya [Computed tomography as the main tool in planning and predicting complex dental treatment]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in dentistry], 2, 55–57. (In Russ.)
6. Yugai, Yu. V., Golitsyna, A. A., Tolmachyov, V. E., Markelova, E. V. (2014). Analiz pokazatelei matrixnich metalloproteinaz i ich ingibitorov do i posle dentalnoi implantachii [Analysis of indicators of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors before and after dental implantation]. Tikhookeanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Pacific Medical Journal], 3, 65–67. (In Russ.)
7. Almong, D. M.,Torrado, E., Meitner, S. W. (2001). Fabrication of imaging and surgical guides for dental implants. J prostho Dent, 85, 505–508.
8. Al-Azri, A. R., Gibson, R. J., Keefe, D. M., Logan, R. M. (2013). Matrix Metalloproteinases: do they play a role in mucosal pathology of the oral cavity? Oral Dis, 19 (4), 347–359.
9. Balshi, S. F., Wolfinger, G. J., Balshi, T. J. (2006). Surgical planning and prosthesis construction using computer tomography, CAD/CAM technology and internet for immediate loading of implants. J Esthat restor Dent, 18, 235–247.
10. Eggers, G., Patellis, E., Muehling, J. (2009). Accuracy of template-based dental implant placement. Int. J. Oral Maxollofac. Implants, 24, 447–454.
11. Cassetta, M., Stefanelli, L. V., Giansanti, M., Calasso, S. (2012). Accuracy of implant placement with a stereolithographic surgical template. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants, 27, 655–663.
12. Froum, S. J., Wallace, S., Cho, S-C. et al. (2014). Radiographic comparison of different concentrations of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein with allogenic bone compared with the use of 100% mineralized cancellous bone allograft in maxillary sinus grafting. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent, 34, 611–620.
13. Horwitz, J., Zuabi, O., Eli, E. M. Accuracy of a computerized tomography-guided template-assisted implant placement system: an in vitro study. Clin. Oral Impl. Res.
14. Jung, R. E., Ganeles, J., Haemmerle, C. (2009). Computerassisted applications in surgical implant dentistry: a systematic review. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants, 24, 92–109.
15. Kiili, M., Cox, S. W., Chen, H. Y. et al. (2002). Collagenase-2 (MMP-8) and collagenase-3 (MMP-13) in adult periodontitis: molecular forms and levels in gingival crevicular fluid and immunolocalisation in gingival tissue. J. Clin. Periodontol, 29, 224–232.
16. Kıvanç, A., Haldun, I., Çehreli, M. C. (2002). A surgical guide for accurate mesiodistal paralleling of implants in the posterior edentulous mandible. J. Prosthet Dent, 87, 233–235.
17. Maciejczyk, M., Pietrzykowska, A., Zalewska, A., Knaś, M. et al. (2016). The Significance of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Oral Diseases. Advances in Clinical and Experimental Medicine, 25, 2, 383–390.
18. Hernández-Ríos, P., Hernández, M., Garrido, M., Tervahartiala, T. (2016). Oral fluid matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-8 as a diagnostic tool in chronic periodontitis. Metalloproteimase in Medicine, 2016, 3, 11–18.
19. Rai, B., Kaur, J., Jain, R., Anand Suresh, C. (2010). Levels of gingival crevicular metalloproteinases-8 and -9 in periodontitis. The Saudi Dental Journal, 22, 129–131.
20. Sorsa, T., Tjaderhane, L., Salo, T. (2004). Matrix metalloproteinases in oral deseases. Oral. Dis, 10, 6, 311–318.
21. Stumpel, L. J. (2008). Cast based guided implant placement:a novel technique. J Prosthet Dent, 100, 61–69.
22. Schneider, D., Marquardt, P., Zwahlen, M., Jung, R. E. (2009). A systematic review on the accuracy and he clinical outcome of computer-guided templatebased implant dentistry. Clin Oral Implants Res, 20, 73–86.
23. Taghibakhsh, M., Farhadi, S., Babaee, A., Sheikhi, M. (2019). The Effect of Hookah Use on Buccal Mucosa: Evaluation of Repair Index. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 29, 20 (4), 1109–1112.
24. Talwar, N., Singh, B. F., Chand, P., Pal, U. S. (2010). Use of Diagnostic and Surgical Stent: A Simplified Approach for Implant Placement. J Indian Prosthodont Soc, 10 (4), 234–239.
25. Pal, U. S., Chand, P., Kumar, D. N., Singh, R. K., Kumar, V. (2010). Role of surgical stents in determining the position of implants. Natl J Maxillofac Surg, 1 (1), 20–23.