Thing. The experience of conducting professional oral hygiene in patients with chronic periodontitis in combination with drug-associated jaw osteonecrosis is presented. The goal is to identify the features of the oral cavity status of patients with chronic periodontitis and bisphosphonate osteonecrosis of the jaw (BONCH) on the background of postoperative chemotherapy after using two domestic mouthwashes (OML). Methodology. A clinical examination of the oral cavity of 15 patients aged 50 to 66 years was carried out, which were divided into two groups: the main group (after resection of the jaw segments) and the comparison group (5 and 10 people, respectively). Dental examination included examination of the oral cavity: the condition of periodontal tissues and mucous membrane, determination of the intensity of dental caries and hygiene and bleeding indices. Studies of mixed saliva (SS) were carried out before and after a single and daily course use of two domestic rinses based on chlorhexidine bigluconate and benzidamine and extracts of medicinal plants. Results. The pH value after the course application of OMLPR-1 in patients with BONCH has shifted from weakly acid (6.45 ± 0.4 units) to slightly alkaline (7.15 ± 0.15 units) medium. The structure of the SS before the application of OPLPR-1 was represented by small conglomerates of irregular shape and individual tree crystals of small sizes, and after the double use of OPLPR-1, the properties of the SS improved and medium-sized tree crystals appeared. After the course application of OPLR-2 in these patients, crystal-prismatic structures of a tree form were identified, a tendency to restore the structural properties of SS was determined. Findings. After the course application of LPRS, a tendency to restore the structural properties of SS was revealed. The course use of CPLR stimulates the excretion of SS, cleansing and a feeling of freshness in the mouth. The consecutive use of OPLR-1 and OPLR-2 helps to alleviate the condition of patients, especially against the background of BONCH and chemotherapy.
mouthwash, microorganisms, jaw, bisphosphonate osteonecrosis, professional hygiene
1. Basargina, A. D., Smirnov, M. V., Karaseva, V. V., Elovikova, T. M. (2017). Vliyaniye otechestvennogo opolaskivatelya na sostoyaniye rotovoy zhidkosti i slizistoy obolochki polosti rta u patsiyenta na etape posleoperatsionnoy luchevoy terapii [The effect of a domestic rinse on the condition of the oral fluid and oral mucosa in a patient with tongue cancer at the stage of postoperative radiation therapy]. Aktual'nyye voprosy sovremennoy meditsinskoy nauki i zdravookhraneniya: materialy II Mezhdunarodnoy (72 Vserossiyskoy) nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii molodykh uchenykh i studentov, II Vserossiyskogo foruma meditsinskikh i farmatsevticheskikh vuzov «Za kachestvennoye obrazovaniye», Yekaterinburg, 12-14 aprelya, 2017 g [Actual issues modern medical science and health: materials of the II Intern. (72 All-Russian) scientific and practical. conferences of young scientists and students, II All-Russian Forum of medical and pharmaceutical universities "For quality education", Yekaterinburg, April 12-14, 2017], Yekaterinburg: UGMU, 37–43. (In Russ.)
2. Vinogradova, N. G., Kharitonova, M. P., L'vov, K. V. (2018). Medikamentozno assotsiirovannyye osteonekrozy chelyusti - teoriya patogeneza, osobennosti klinicheskoy, rentgenologicheskoy kartiny: obzor literatury i sobstvennyye nablyudeniya [Drug-associated jaw osteonecrosis - the theory of pathogenesis, especially the clinical, radiological picture: literature review and own observations]. Ural'skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural Medical Journal], 04 (159), 38–48. (In Russ.)
3. Elovikova, T. M., Belokonova, N. A. (2013). Sostoyaniye tkaney parodonta i parametrov rotovoy zhidkosti u bol'nykh parodontitom pod vliyaniyem zhidkikh sredstv gigiyeny [The condition of periodontal tissues and oral fluid parameters in patients with periodontitis under the influence of liquid hygiene products]. Parodontologiya [Periodontology], 18, 2 (67), 55–58. (In Russ.)
4. Elovikova, T. M., Grigor'yev, S. S. (2018). Sialologiya v terapevticheskoy stomatologii : uchebnoye posobiye [Sialology in therapeutic dentistry: a training manual]. Yekaterinburg : Publishing House TIRAZH, 192. (In Russ.)
5. Elovikova, T. M., Grigor'yev, S. S. (2018). Slyuna kak biologicheskaya zhidkost' i yeye rol' v zdorov'ye polosti rta : uchebnoye posobiye [Saliva as a biological fluid and its role in oral health: a training manual]. Yekaterinburg : Publishing House TIRAZH, 136. (In Russ.)
6. Elovikova, T. M., Ermishina, Ye. YU., Koshcheyev, A. S. (2019). Analiz vozdeystviya lechebno-profilakticheskoy pasty, soderzhashchey bikarbonat i ftorid natriya, na sostoyaniye organov polosti rta pri vospalitel'nykh zabolevaniyakh parodonta u molodykh patsiyentov (kliniko-laboratornoye issledovaniye) [Analysis of the effect of therapeutic and prophylactic paste containing sodium bicarbonate and sodium fluoride on the condition of the organs of the oral cavity in inflammatory periodontal diseases in young patients (clinical and laboratory research)]. Parodontologiya [Periodontology], 24, 1-24 (90), 45–51. (In Russ.)
7. Elovikova, T. M., Ermishina, Ye. Yu., Koshcheyev, A. S., Prikhodkin, A. S. (2018). Kliniko-laboratornoye obosnovaniye primeneniya lechebno-profilakticheskoy desensitivnoy zubnoy pasty s ftoridom natriya molodymi patsiyentami [Clinical and laboratory justification for the use of therapeutic and preventive desensitive toothpaste with sodium fluoride in young patients]. Problemy stomatologii [Problems of Dentistry], 14, 2, 5–11. (In Russ.)
8. Elovikova, T. M., Karaseva, V. V. (2017). Otsenka effektivnosti primeneniya opolaskivatelya dlya polosti rta u lyudey s chastichnoy poterey zubov [Evaluation of the effectiveness of the use of mouth rinse in people with partial tooth loss]. Problemy biologii i meditsiny [Problems of Biology and Medicine], Samarkand, 4,1 (98), 44. (In Russ.)
9. Elovikova, T. M., Troshunin, A. V., Zhukova, Ye. Ye., Ozhgikhina, ZH. E. (2013). Osobennosti morfologicheskoy kartiny RZH u bol'nykh sakharnym diabetom II tipa v usloviyakh statsionara do i posle kursovogo primeneniya opolaskivatelya dlya polosti rta [Features of the morphological picture of pancreatic cancer in patients with type II diabetes mellitus in a hospital setting before and after course use of mouth rinse]. Parodontologiya [Periodontology], 3, 51–54. (In Russ.)
10. Kalabina, A. S., Kiseleva, T. A., Elovikova, T. M., Tsidayeva, I. A. (2016). Kharakteristika sostoyaniya zubov, tkaney parodonta i slizistoy obolochki polosti rta u bol'nykh sakharnym diabetom II tipa. Vliyaniye opolaskivatelya dlya yezhednevnogo primeneniya na mikrokristallizatsiyu slyuny [Characterization of the condition of teeth, periodontal tissues and oral mucosa in patients with type II diabetes mellitus. The effect of rinsing agent for daily use on microcrystallization of saliva]. IV Vserossiyskoye rabocheye soveshchaniye po problemam fundamental'noy stomatologii [IV All-Russian Workshop on the problems of fundamental dentistry], Yekaterinburg, 69–72. (In Russ.)
11. Karaseva, V. V., Elovikova, T. M. (2017). Klinicheskiy opyt ispol'zovaniya otechestvennogo opolaskivatelya u patsiyenta s novoobrazovannym yazykom na etape posleoperatsionnoy luchevoy terapii [Clinical experience of using a domestic rinse in a patient with a neoplasm of the tongue at the stage of postoperative radiation therapy]. Dental'naya implantologiya i khirurgiya [Dental implantology and surgery], Moscow : The medical press, 18–22. (In Russ.)
12. Karaseva V. V. (2013). Uluchsheniye sostoyaniya slizistoy obolochki polosti rta u cheloveka pri nalichii chelyustno-litsevoy patologii na etape ortopedicheskogo lecheniya / V.V. Karaseva [Improvement of the oral mucosa in patients with complex maxillofacial pathology at the stage of orthopedic treatment]. Problemy stomatologii [Problems of Dentistry], 2, 47–51. (In Russ.)
13. Lekomtseva, M. A., Elovikova, T. M., Karaseva, V. V. (2019). Reaktsiya adsorbtsii mikroorganizmov, epitelial'nyye kletochnyye kletki, klizma i obolochka polosti rta u patsiyentov s bisfosfonaticheskim osteonekrozom [The reaction of adsorption of microorganisms by epithelial cells of the oral mucosa in a patient with bisphosphonate osteonecrosis of the jaw [Electronic resource]]. Aktual'nyye voprosy sovremennoy meditsinskoy nauki i zdravookhraneniya. posvyashchennyy 100-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya rektora Sverdlovskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo instituta, professora V.N. Klimova , Yekaterinburg, 10-12 aprelya 2019 g [Actual problems of modern medical science and health: materials of the IV Intern. scientific-practical Conference of young scientists and students, IV Forum of medical and pharmaceutical universities of Russia “For quality education”, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the rector of the Sverdlovsk State Medical Institute, Professor V.N. Klimov, Yekaterinburg, April 10-12, 2019], Yekaterinburg : UGMU, 2, 1151–1155. (In Russ.)
14. Spevak, E. M., Tsymbal, A. N. (2017). Bisfosfonatnyye osteonekrozy chelyustey: Sovremennoye sostoyaniye problemy [Bisphosphonate osteonecrosis of the jaw: Current state of the problem]. Kazanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Kazan Medical Journal], 98, 1, 91–95. (In Russ.)
15. Tariko, O. S., Zholudev, S. E., Naumenko, Z. S., Godovykh, N. V. (2010). Mikrobiologicheskaya otsenka effektivnosti primeneniya gigiyenicheskikh sredstv posle ortopedicheskogo lecheniya [Microbiological evaluation of the effectiveness of the use of hygiene products after orthopedic treatment]. Ural'skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural Medical Journal], 8 (73), 29–32. (In Russ.)
16. Fomichev, Ye. V., Kirpichnikov, M. V., Podol'skiy, V. V. (2018). Bisfosfonatnyy osteonekroz, oslozhnennyy patologicheskim perelomom nizhney chelyusti [Bisphosphonate osteonecrosis complicated by a pathological fracture of the lower jaw]. Volgogradskiy Nauchno-Meditsinskiy Zhurnal [Volgograd Scientific Medical Journal], 3 (59), 43–45. (In Russ.)
17. Bodem, J. P., Kargus, S., Eckstein, S. et al. (2015). Incidence of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw in high-risk patients undergoing surgical tooth extraction. J Craniomaxillofac Surg, 43 (4), 510–514.
18. Carlson, E. R. (2014). Management of antiresorptive osteonecrosis of the jaws with primary surgical resection. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 72 (4), 655–657.
19. Otto, S. (2015). Comments on "diagnosis and management of osteonecrosis of the jaw": A systematic review and international consensus. J. Bone Miner. Res, 30, 1113–1115.
20. Fleisher, K., Kontio, R., Otto, S. (2016). Antiresorptive Drug-related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ARONJ) : a Guide to Research. AO Foundation, 177.
21. Graziani, F., Vescovi, P., Campisi, G. et al. (2012). Resective surgical approach shows a high performance in the management of advanced cases of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws: a retrospective survey of 347 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 70 (11), 2501–2507.
22. Guggenberger, R., Fischer, D. R., Metzler, P. et al. (2013). Bisphosphonateinduced osteonecrosis of the jaw: comparison of disease extent on contrast-enhanced MR imaging, [18F] fluoride PET/CT, and conebeam CT imaging. AJNR Am. J Neuroradiol, 34 (6), 1242–1247.
23. Khan, A. A., Morrison, A., Hanley, D. A. et al. (2015). Diagnosis and management of osteonecrosis of the jaw: a systematic review and international consensus. J Bone Miner Res, 30, 3–23.
24. Kumar, V., Shahi, A. K. (2014). Nitrogen containing bisphosphonates associated osteonecrosis of the jaws: A review for past 10 year literature. Dent. Res. J. (Isfahan), 11, 147–153.
25. Mucke, T., Koschinski, J., Deppe, H. et al. (2011). Outcome of treatment and parameters influencing recurrence in patients with bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol, 137 (5), 907–913.
26. Otto, S., Baumann, S., Ehrenfeld, M. et al. (2013). Successful surgical management of osteonecrosis of the jaw due to RANK-ligand inhibitor treatment using fluorescence guided bone resection. J Craniomaxillofac Surg, 41 (7), 694–698.
27. Rollason, V., Laverrière, A., MacDonald, L. C., Walsh, T., Tramèr, M. R., Vogt-Ferrier, N. B. (2016). Interventions for treating bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (BRONJ). Cochrane Database Syst. Rev, 26, 2. CD008455. doi: 10. 1002/14651858.CD008455.pub2.
28. Ruggiero, S. L., Dodson, T. B., Fantasia, J., Goodday, R., Aghaloo, T., Mehrotra, B., O'Ryan, F. (2014). American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Position Paper on medical-related osteonecrosis of the jaw – 2014 update. J. Oral. Maxillofac. Surg, 72, 1938–1956.
29. Sirak, S. V. (2017). Clinic-and-diagnistic effects of the direct angiography at medicamentous osteonecroses of maxillary bones. International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research, 8, 2, 526–532.
30. Tennis, P., Rothman, K. J., Bohn, R. L., Tan, H., Zavras, A., Laskarides, C., Calingaert, B., Anthony, M. S. (2012). Incidence of osteonecrosis of the jaw among users of bisphosphonates with selected cancers or osteoporosis. Pharmacoepidemiol. Drug. Saf, 21, 810–817.