Subject. The article describes the child's speech passport, as one of the important mechanisms of the rehabilitation and speech recovery in children with congenital cleft lip and palate. Purpose of the study ― evaluation of the treatment outcome in children with cleft palate with the use of a speech passport at the stage of rehabilitation. Materials and methods. The article presents the experience of the rehabilitation of more than 2,000 patients with congenital maxillofacial defects from 1998 to 2017. Results. The features of speech development were studied in 93 patients divided into two groups. The main group consisted of 56 people, in whom the definition of the algorithm of medical and logopedic aid was carried out using a speech passport, then the rehabilitation measures complex developed by us for restoring and correcting the speech function was applied. The control group included 37 people: patients who did not receive medical and speech therapy in the postoperative period, and patients who underwent rehabilitation measures in outpatient clinic at the place of residence. The speech activity indicators in patients of the compared groups had significant differences (p = 0,026), due to a more pronounced positive dynamics of speech activity recovery in the main group - the percentage of patients increased 3,6 times ― from 17,9 to 64,3 %, while in the control group the rate increased only 1,9 times ― from 21,6 up to 40,5 %. Conclusion. The developed speech passport involves a multidisciplinary approach to the child, early detection, treatment and rehabilitation. It is also can be defined as a link between health care, speech therapy and pedagogy. The child's speech passport data can be filled by a pediatrician, neurologist, maxillofacial surgeon, orthodontist, speech therapist and speech therapist defectologist at various stages of treatment and rehabilitation.
dentistry, speech passport, rhinolalia, nasalization of sounds, cleft lip and palate, rehabilitation
1. Ermakova, I. I., ed. Taptapov, S. L. (1984). Korrektsiya rechi pri rinolalii u detey i podrostkov [Speech correction in case of rhinolalia at children and teenagers]. Moscow : Education", 143. (In Russ.)
2. Ippolitova, A. G., ed. Usanova, O. I. (1983). Otkrytaya rinrolaliya : uchebnoye posobiye dlya studentov defektol. fak. ped. ii-tov [Open rinrolalia: Manual for students]. Moscow : Education, 95. (In Russ.)
3. Prityko, A. G., Sharoyev, T. A., Gonchakov, G. V. et al. (2014). Osnovnyye napravleniya deyatel'nosti nauchno-prakticheskogo tsentra meditsinskoy pomoshchi detyam po organizatsii lecheniya detey pervogo goda zhizni [The main activities of the scientific and practical center of medical care to children on the organization of treatment of children of the first year of life]. Detskaya bol'nitsa [Children's hospital], 3, 3–8. (In Russ.)
4. Davydov, B. N., Lavrikov, V. G., Zernov, A. V. et al. (2009). Osnovnyye printsipy kompleksnogo podkhoda v lechenii bol'nykh s vrozhdennymi rasshchelinami [The basic principles of an integrated approach in treatment of patients with congenital crevices]. Stomatologiya detskogo vozrasta i profilaktika [Stomatology of children's age and prevention], 3-4, 18–20. (In Russ.)
5. Dmitriyenko, S. V., Fomenko, I. V., Dmitriyenko, D. S., Klimova, N. N. (2010). Primeneniye «koeffitsiyenta effektivnosti kompleksnoy reabilitatsii» dlya analiza rezul'tata lecheniya detey s vrozhdennoy odnostoronney rasshchelinoy verkhney guby i noba [Use of "effectiveness ratio of complex rehabilitation" for the analysis of result of treatment of children with an inborn unilateral crevice of an upper lip and the sky]. Byul. Volgogradskogo nauch. tsentra RAMN [The Bulletin. Volgograd Russian Academy of Medical Science center], 2, 50–53. (In Russ.)
6. Prityko, D. A. (2009). Sotsial'no-gigiyenicheskoye issledovaniye sostoyaniya zdorov'ya i organizatsii meditsinskoy pomoshchi detyam doshkol'nogo vozrasta s porokami razvitiya verkhney guby i noba : avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk [A social and hygienic research of the state of health and the organization of medical care to children of preschool age with malformations of an upper lip and the sky: autoref. yew. … edging. medical sciences]. Moscow, 22. (In Russ.)
7. Egorova, M. V., Karachunsky, G. M., Amkhadova, M. A. et al. (2010). Rannyaya kompleksnaya reabilitatsiya detey s polnymi rasshchelinami verkhney guby, al'veolyarnogo otrostka i noba [Early complex rehabilitation of children with full crevices of an upper lip, an alveolar shoot and the sky]. Stomatologiya detskogo vozrasta i profilaktika [Stomatology of children's age and prevention], 4, 14–18. (In Russ.)
8. Stepanova, Yu. V., Tsyplakov, M. S. (2013). Osnovnyye napravleniya v kompleksnoy reabilitatsii detey s vrozhdennymi rasshchelinami guby i noba [The main directions in complex rehabilitation of children with inborn crevices lip and palate]. Ortopediya, travmatologiya i vosstanovitel'naya khirurgiya detskogo vozrasta [Orthopedics, traumatology and a plastic surgery of children's age], 1, 1, 36–43. (In Russ.)
9. Fomichev, I. V., Fleischer, G. M. (2014). Lecheniye detey s vrozhdennoy rasshchelinoy guby i noba [Treatment of children with an inborn crevice of a lip and palate]. Meditsinskiy alfavit [The Medical alphabet], 4, 39–44. (In Russ.)
10. Shakirova, R. R., Bibik, T. V. (2010). Kachestvo zhizni detey s rasshchelinoy guby i/ili noba [Kachestvo of life of children with a crevice of lip and palate]. Ortodontiya [Orthodontics], 2, 14–15. (In Russ.)
11. Shakirova, R. R. (2011). Obosnovaniye profilakticheskikh meropriyatiy na etapakh kompleksnogo lecheniya detey s vrozhdennoy chelyustno-litsevoy patologiyey [Justification of preventive actions at stages of complex treatment of children with congenital maxillofacial pathology]. Vrach-aspirant [The Doctor graduate student], 44, 1, 255–259. (In Russ.)
12. Pena-Brooks, A., Hedge, M. N. (2007). Assessment and treatment of articulation and phonological disorders in children. Austin, TX. Pro.
13. Valizadeh, A., Gorbani, A., Torabinejad, F., Haghani, H. (2013). The speech in-telligibility of normal Persian-speaking children and its changes dur-ing the age of 36 to 60 months. Audiol, 22 (4), 51–59.
14. Al Omari, F., Al-Omari, I. (2004). Cleft Lip and Palate in Jordan: Birth Preva-lence Rate. 2007. Cleft Palate Craniofac J, 41, 609–612.
15. Lima, L., Ribeiro, G., de Aquino, S., Volpe, F., Martelli, D., Swerts, M. et al. (2015). Prevalence of depressive symptoms in patients with cleft lip and palate. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol, 81 (2), 177–183.
16. Kianifar, H., Jahanbin, A., Ezzati, A., Kianifar, H. (2015). Cleft lip and Palate: A 30-year Epidemiologic Study in North-East of Iran. Iran J Otorhino-laryngol, 27 (1), 35–41.
17. Nyberg, J., Peterson, P., Lohmander, A. (2014). Speech outcomes at age 5 and 10 years in unilateral cleft lip and palate after one-stage palatal repair with minimal incision technique – A longitudinal perspective. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol, 78 (10), 1662–1670.
18. Bicknell, S., McFadden, L. R., Curran, J. B. (2002). Frequency of Pharyngoplasty after Primary Repair of Cleft Palate. JCan Dent Assoc, 68 (11), 688–692.
19. Sell, D., Grunwel, P., Mildinhall, S., Murphy, T., Tremaine, A.O., Cornish, T. A. O., Bearn, D. et al. (2001). Cleft Lip and Palate Care in the United King-dom—The Clinical Standards Advisory Group (CSAG) Study. Part 3:Speech Outcomes. The Cleft Palate- Craniofac J, 38 (1), 30–37.
20. McWilliams, B. J. (1954). Some factors in the intelligibility of cleft palate speech. J Speech Hear Disord, 19, 524.
21. Lohmander, A., Christina, P. (2008). A Longitudinal Study of Speech Produc-tion in Swedish Children with Unilateral Cleft Lip and Palate and Two-Stage Palatal Repair. Cleft palate Craniofac J, 45 (1), 32–41.
22. Han, J. S. (2009). Percentage of Correct Consonants, Speech Intelligibility, and Speech Acceptability in Children with Cleft Palate. Commun Sci Disord, 14 (2), 183–199.
23. Nagarajan, R., Savitha, V. H., Subramaniyan, B. (2009). Communication disor-ders in individuals with cleft lip and palate: An overview. Indian J Plast Surg, 42, 137–143.
24. Ibrahim, H. M., Mohamed Yusoff, F. H., Ahmad, K., Van Dort, S. (2015). An ex-ploratory study on speech and hearing outcomes in children with cleft lip and palate. Med J Malaysia, 70 (6), 321–325.
25. Schönweiler, R., Lisson, J. A., Schönweiler, B., Eckardt, A., Ptok, M., Tränkmann, J. et al. (1999). A retrospective study of hearing, speech and lan-guage function in children with clefts following palatoplasty and ve-loplasty procedures at 18-24 months of age. Int J Pediatr Otorhino-laryngol, 50 (3), 205–217.
26. Lockhart, E. (2003). The mental health needs of children and adolescents with cleft lip and/or palate. Clin Child Psychol. Psychiatry, 8, 7–16.
27. Katz, J., Medweskey, L., Burkard, R., Hood, L. J. (2009). Handbook of clinical Audiology. 6th ed. Philadelphia : USA ; Lippincott Williams & amp : Wilkins.