Subject: malignant neoplasms of the oral cavity, primary detectability, appeal to specialists, terms of treatment before hospitalization. Objective: based on a five-year analysis of the medical records of patients with a verified diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of the oral cavity, to identify significant criteria for primary diagnosis, doctors of the first contact, including non-cancer profile. Methodology. Malignant neoplasms occupy one of the leading places among all medical and social problems. This is due to a number of reasons, among which are particularly high rates of morbidity and mortality, late treatment of patients and frequent disability. the Purpose of early detection of malignant tumors of the oral cavity is to increase the effectiveness and radicality of treatment, increase the possibility of dental rehabilitation, reduction of disability. To write this article, we conducted a five-year analysis of the primary detection of malignant tumors of the oral cavity in 76 patients hospitalized for treatment in the head and neck Department of the Chelyabinsk district Oncology center. All patients with histologically confirmed diagnosis. Everyone needs specialized anti-tumor treatment. In addition to standard diagnostic procedures, all patients were surveyed on the issues of primary complaints and appeals to medical specialists. Results. On the example of the received questionnaires as well as the standard medical examinations conducted upon admission to the head and neck Department, the trends of the primary referral of patients to primary contact doctors, the terms of treatment before referral to a specialized oncological institution, the stage of the process and the presence of metastasis of the primary focus during treatment, the presence of aggravating factors are analyzed. Conclusions. The results for the five-year period in patients with primary malignant neoplasm of the oral cavity were evaluated, practical recommendations on clinically significant symptoms of malignant tumors of the oral cavity, orientation on the timing of observation were given.
dentistry, malignant neoplasms of the oral cavity, surgical dentistry, defects of the jaw bones, oncology, diagnosis of diseases of the oral cavity
1. Vagner, V. D., Ivasenko, P. I., Demin, D. I. (2002). Ambulatorno-poliklinicheskaya onkostomatologiya [Outpatient oncostomatology]. Moscow : Medical book. (In Russ.)
2. Vagner, V. D., Ivasenko, P. I., Anisimova, I. V. (2010). Onkologicheskaya nastorozhennost' v praktike vracha-stomatologa [Oncological vigilance in the practice of a dentist]. Moscow : Medical Book. (In Russ.)
3. Yevgrafova, O. L., Permyakova, N. Ye., Ignat'yeva, S. V. (2012). Diagnostika onkologicheskikh zabolevaniy chelyustno-litsevoy oblasti [Diagnosis of oncological diseases of the maxillofacial region]. Ministry of Health of the Udmurt Republic. (In Russ.)
4. Gevorkov, A. R., Boyko, A. V., Bolotina, L. V. et al. (2016). Opukholi golovy i shei [Tumors of the head and neck]. Moscow : Medicine, 3, 12. (In Russ.)
5. Davydov, M. I., Aksel', Ye. M. (2014). Statistika zlokachestvennykh novoobrazovaniy v Rossii i stranakh SNG v 2012 g. [Statistics of Malignant Neoplasms in Russia and CIS Countries in 2012]. 226. (In Russ)
6. Dikarev, A. S., Mavrodi, T. V., Aleksandrov, V. I. (2012). Submental'nyy loskut v plasticheskoy khirurgii golovy i shei [A submental flap in plastic surgery of the head and neck]. Vosstanovitel'naya khirurgiya [Reconstructive surgery], 67–68. (In Russ.)
7. Matyakin, Ye. G. (2009). Rekonstruktivnyye operatsii pri opukholyakh golovy i shei [Reconstructive surgeries for tumors of the head and neck]. Moskow, 224. (In Russ.)
8. Nuriyeva, N. S., Kiparisov, YU. S., Kiparisova, D. G. (2016). Otsenka sostoyaniya polosti rta u patsiyentov s novoobrazovaniyami orofaringeal'noy zony [Assessment of the oral cavity in patients with tumors of the oropharyngeal zone]. Problemy stomatologii [Problems of Dentistry], 12, 3, 52–57. (In Russ.)
9. Nuriyeva, N. S., Kiparisov, YU. S., Kiparisova, D. G. (2016). Stomatologicheskaya reabilitatsiya patsiyentov s priobretennymi defektami verkhney chelyusti s primeneniyem dental'nykh mini-implantatov. Klinicheskiy primer [Dental rehabilitation of patients with acquired defects of the upper jaw using dental mini-implants. Clinical example]. Voprosy sovremennoy nauki: problemy, tendentsii i perspektivy : sbornik publikatsiy nauchnogo zhurnala «Chronos» po materialam VI mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Issues of modern science: problems, trends and prospects : collection of publications of the scientific journal “Chronos” based on the materials of the VI International Scientific Practical Conference], Moscow, 1, 8–11. (In Russ.)
10. Radzhabova, Z. A., Rakitina, D. A., Gurin, A. V. et al. (2015). Khirurgicheskoye otdeleniye opukholey golovy i shei FGBU «NII onkologii im. N.N. Petrova» Minzdrava Rossii, Sankt-Peterburg; Rossiya, Rekonstruktivno-plasticheskiye operatsii u patsiyentov so zlokachestvennymi novoobrazovaniyami yazyka, slizistoy dna polosti rta, vidy plastiki [Surgical separation of head and neck tumors of the Federal Research Institute of Oncology named after N.N. Petrova "Ministry of Health of Russia, St. Petersburg; Russia, Reconstructive plastic surgery in patients with malignant neoplasms of the tongue, oral mucosa, types of plastics]. Opukholi golovy i shei [Head and neck tumors], 1, 15–16. (In Russ.)
11. Ed. Robustova, T. G. (2003). Khirurgicheskaya stomatologiya : uchebnik [Surgical dentistry : textbook]. Moscow : Medicine, 504. (In Russ.)
12. Chissov, V. I., Reshetov, I. V., Kravtsov, S. A. et al. (2001). Neposredstvennyye rezul'taty kombinirovannykh rekonstruktivno-plasticheskikh operatsiy pri lechenii mestnorasprostranennykh zlokachestvennykh opukholey chelyustno-litsevoy zony [Immediate results of combined reconstructive plastic surgeries in the treatment of locally advanced malignant tumors of the maxillofacial zone]. Annaly plasticheskoy, rekonstruktivnoy i esteticheskoy khirurgii [Annals of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery], 1, 10–17. (In Russ.)
13. Dobratz, E. J., Hilger, P. A. (2009). Cheek defects. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am, 17 (3), 455–467.
14. Demir, Z., Kurtay, A., Sahin, U., et al. (2003). Hair- bearing submental artery island flap for reconstruction of mustache and beard. Plast Reconstr Surg, 112, 423–429.
15. Faltaous, A. A., Yetman, R. J. (1996). The submental artery flap: an anatomic study. Plast Reconstr Surg, 97, 56.
16. Goldwyn, R. M., Lamb, D. L., White, W. L. (1963). An experimental study of large island flaps in dogs. Plast Reconstr Surg, 31, 528–536.
17. Geden, E. M., Buchbinder, D., Urken, M.L. (2004). The submental island flap for palatal reconstruction: A novel technique. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 62, 387–390.
18. Harii, K., Omori, K., Omori, S. (1974). Successful clinical transfer of ten flaps by microvascular anastomoses. Plast Reconstr Surg, 53 (3), 259–270.
19. Kim, J. T., Kim, S. K., Koshima, I. et al. (2002). An anatomic study and clinical applications of the reversed submental perforator-based island flap. Plast Reconstr Surg, 109, 2204–2210.
20. Demir, Z., Velidedeoglu, H., Celebioglu, S. (2005). Repair of pharyngocutaneous fistulas with the submental artery island flap. Plast Reconstr Surg, 115, 38–44.
21. Martin, D., Baudet, J., Mondie, J. M. et al. (1990). The submental island skin flap. A surgical protocol. Prospects of use. Ann Chir Plast Esthet, 35 (6), 480–484.
22. Sterne, G. D., Januszkiwicz, J. S., Hall, P. N., Bardsley, A. F. (1996). The submental island flap. Brit J Plast Surg, 49, 85–89.
23. Manchot, C. (1989). Die Hautarterien des menschlichen Korpers. Leipzig : Vogel, 60.
24. Salgado, C. J., Mardini, S., Chen, H. C. et al. (2003). Critical oropharyngocutaneous fistulas after microsurgical head and neck reconstruction: Indications for management using the “tissue-plug” technique. Plast Reconstr Surg, 112, 957–963.
25. Milicic, B., Misic, T. (2012). A 1-year prospective cohort study on mandibular overdentures retained by mini dental implants. Eur J Oral Implantol, 5 (4), 367–379.
26. Todescan, S., Lavigne, S., Kelekis, J., Cholakis, A. (2012). Guidance for the maintenance care of dental implants: clinical review. Journal Can. Dent. Assoc, 78, 107.
27. Vojvodić, D., Celebić, A., Mehulić, K., Zabarović, D. (2012). Prosthetic rehabilitation of a patient with mandibular resection prosthesis using mini dental implants (MDIs). Case report. Coll Antropol, 36 (1), 307–311.