Thing. In recent years, the importance of sports in improving the health of the population by involving people in physical education has increased. However, sports of the highest achievements are associated with the risk of occupational diseases. Physical and emotional stress of athletes can lead to impaired health. Dental diseases are also common in people involved in sports. In domestic and foreign literature, athletes describe bruxism, occlusal disorders, periodontal disease, tooth abrasion. Of particular interest are injuries of hard tissues of the teeth of athletes in connection with their highest prevalence, ineffectiveness of treatment and prevention. The goal is on the basis of a clinical and laboratory study of the state of hard tooth tissues in athletes, to develop and justify the tactics of complex treatment, prevention of diseases of hard tooth tissues. Methodology. All participants underwent a comprehensive dental examination, which included the main research methods (determination of complaints, medical history, external examination, examination of the oral cavity, detection of diseases of hard tissues of the teeth, malocclusion) and additional (X-ray examination, “hamburg testing”, diagnosis of T-scan, assessment of oral fluid indices, cytological examination of buccal epithelium, electrometry of hard tissues of teeth, assessment of resistance of hard tissues of teeth). Results. Based on the results, we developed a new treatment-and-prophylactic toothpaste based on Silivatit organosilicon glycerogel hydrogel with the addition of nanostructured hydroxyapatite. Its biocompatibility, remineralizing and anti-inflammatory activity are proved, and clinical efficacy in athletes with diseases of hard tissues of the teeth is confirmed. The tactics of the complex treatment and prevention of diseases of hard tooth tissues in athletes based on the differentiated choice of filling materials have been substantiated. Conclusions. Thus, the optimized tactics of complex treatment and prevention of diseases of hard tissues of the teeth prevents the progression of diseases, the development of complications, and improves the quality of life of athletes.
diseases of hard tissues of teeth, athletes, medical and preventive toothpaste, complex treatment, prevention
1. Belikova, A. Yu., Bigaeva, A. T. (2018). Stratifikatsiya po gendernomu priznaku chastoty vstrechayemosti somaticheskikh zabolevaniy u eks-sportsmenov: sotsiologicheskiy analiz [Gender-based stratification of the frequency of occurrence of somatic diseases in ex-athletes: a sociological analysis]. Aktual'nyye problemy eksperimental'noy i klinicheskoy meditsiny [Actual problems of experimental and clinical medicine], 303–303. (In Russ.)
2. Buchneva, V. O., Oreshaka, O. V. (2017). Sostoyaniye stomatologicheskogo statusa u lits, zanimayushchikhsya sportom (obzor literatury) [Status of dental status in individuals involved in sports (literature review)]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Meditsinskiye nauki [News of higher educational institutions. Volga region. Medical sciences], 2 (42). (In Russ.)
3. Gavrilova, E. A. (2018). Stomatologicheskoye zdorov'ye sportsmena. Chto dolzhen znat' vrach po sportivnoy meditsine? [Dental health of an athlete. What should a sports medicine doctor know?]. Sportmed-2018 [Sportsmed-2018], 35–37. (In Russ.)
4. Gerasimova, L. P. (2018). Analiz stomatologicheskogo statusa i urovnya stomatologicheskogo zdorov'ya lits molodogo vozrasta prozhivayushchikh v respublike Bashkortostan [Analysis of the dental status and dental health level of young people living in the Republic of Bashkortostan]. Ural'skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural Medical Journal], 7, 19–21. (In Russ.)
5. Istyagina-Eliseeva, E. A. (2017). Rol' propagandy fizicheskoy kul'tury i sporta v dele ukrepleniya zdorov'ya natsii [The role of propaganda of physical culture and sports in strengthening the health of the nation]. Innovatsionnyye kompetentsii i kreativnost' v psikhologii i pedagogike [Innovative competencies and creativity in psychology and pedagogy], 127–129. (In Russ.)
6. Kalinina, I. N., Aidanov, I. F. (2019). Zabolevaniya polosti rta u sportsmenov [Diseases of the oral cavity in athletes]. Simvol nauki [Symbol of science], 9. (In Russ.)
7. Kotikova, A. Yu., Mandra, Yu. V., Bazarny, V. V., Chupakhin, O. N., Honina, T. G., Sementsova, E. A., Svetlakova, E. N., Lungs, A. V., Polushina, L. G., Teslenko, A. Yu. (2017). Kliniko-morfologicheskaya otsenka effektivnosti primeneniya innovatsionnoy lechebno-profilakticheskoy zubnoy pasty v kompleksnom lechenii patsiyentov molodogo vozrasta s osnovnymi stomatologicheskimi zabolevaniyami [Clinical and morphological assessment of the effectiveness of the use of innovative therapeutic and preventive toothpaste in the complex treatment of young patients with major dental diseases]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in Dentistry], 13, 3, 29–35. (In Russ.)
8. Kotikova, A. Yu., Lungs, A. V., Sementsova, E. A., Larionov, L. P. (2016). Eksperimental'noye issledovaniye innovatsionnykh lechebno-profilakticheskikh sredstv dlya polosti rta [An experimental study of innovative therapeutic and prophylactic agents for the oral cavity]. Materialy I Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii molodykh uchonykh i studentov «Aktual'nyye voprosy sovremennoy meditsinskoy nauki i zdravookhraneniya» [Materials of the I International Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists and Students “Actual Issues of Modern Medical Science and Health Care”], 2481–2485. (In Russ.)
9. Lomiashvili, L. M., Mikhailovsky, S. G., Gileva, O. S., Ivanova, L. A., Polyakova, E. E. (2018). Effektivnost' modul'nykh tekhnologiy rekonstruktivnoy terapii zubov v kriteriyakh kachestva zhizni stomatologicheskogo patsiyenta [The effectiveness of modular technologies for reconstructive dental therapy in the criteria for the quality of life of a dental patient]. Institut stomatologii [Institute of Dentistry], 1, 42. (In Russ.)
10. Mazin, S. V., Krylov, V. M. (2019). Fizicheskaya kul'tura i yeye rol' v ukreplenii zdorov'ya studentov [Physical culture and its role in strengthening the health of students]. Alleya nauki [Alley of science], 2, 11, 842–844. (In Russ.)
11. Mandra, Yu. V., Sementsova, E. A., Kotikova, A. Yu. (2018). Stomatologicheskiy status sportsmenov Ural'skogo regiona [Dental status of athletes of the Ural region]. Vestnik Ural'skoy meditsinskoy akademicheskoy nauki [Bulletin of the Ural Medical Academic Science], 15, 4, 526–529. (In Russ.)
12. Mikhailova, A., Smolensky, A. (2019). Perenapryazheniye serdechno-sosudistoy sistemy u sportsmenov [Overstrain of the cardiovascular system in athletes]. (In Russ.)
13. Pogonysheva, I. A., Pogonyshev, D. A. (2017). Issledovaniya v sfere fiziologii sporta i sportivnoy meditsiny v stranakh yevrosoyuza [Research in the field of physiology of sports and sports medicine in the countries of the European Union]. Napravleniya v oblasti fizicheskoy kul'tury, sporta i turizma [Directions in the field of physical culture, sports and tourism], 208. (In Russ.)
14. Safaraliev, F. R. O., Safarov, A. M. O., Mamedov, F. Yu. O. (2017). Povysheniye urovnya stomatologicheskogo zdorov'ya professional'nykh sportsmenov, zanimayushchikhsya silovymi vidami sporta [Improving the dental health of professional athletes involved in power sports]. Kazanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Kazan Medical Journal], 98, 2. (In Russ.)
15. Skornyakova, S. S. (2019). Rol' sporta v ukreplenii zdorov'ya studentov: gendernyy aspekt [The role of sport in strengthening the health of students: the gender aspect]. Fizicheskaya kul'tura studentov [Physical Culture of Students], 224–227. (In Russ.)
16. Tarasova, L. A., Dymochka, M. A., Rychkova, M. A. (2017). Nereshennyye problemy professional'nykh bolezney sportsmenov [Unsolved problems of occupational diseases of athletes]. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya [Occupational medicine and industrial ecology], 9, 187–187. (In Russ.)
17. Olesov, E. E. (2017). Vliyaniye emotsional'nykh i fizicheskikh nagruzok u sportsmenov na sostoyaniye stomatologicheskogo statusa [The influence of emotional and physical stress in athletes on the state of dental status]. Redaktsionnaya kollegiya [Editorial board], 38. (In Russ.)
18. Orekhova, L. Yu., Atrushkevich, V. G., Mikhalchenko, D. V., Gorbacheva, I. A., Lapina, N. V. (2017). Stomatologicheskoye zdorov'ye i polimorbidnost': analiz sovremennykh podkhodov k lecheniyu stomatologicheskikh zabolevaniy [Dental health and polymorbidity: analysis of modern approaches to the treatment of dental diseases]. Parodontologiya [Periodontology], 22, 3, 15–17. (In Russ.)
19. Popov, A. A. et al. (2018). Nuzhdayemost' v ortopedicheskom stomatologicheskom lechenii u sportsmenov olimpiyskikh komand [Need for orthopedic dental treatment in athletes of Olympic teams]. Sportmed-2018 [Sportsmed-2018], 162–163. (In Russ.)
20. Ashley, P., Di Iorio, A., Cole, E. et al. (2015). Oral health of elite athletes and association with performance: a systematic review. Br. J. Sports Med, 49 (1), 14–19. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2014-093617.
21. Danielle, D., Keri, M. S. (2017). The effects of endurance training on athletes' oral health. Dentistry IQ, https://www.dentistryiq.com/.
22. Fernandez, C., Kaschke, I., Perlman, S., Koehler, B., Marks, L. (2015). A multicenter study on dental trauma in permanent incisors among Special Olympics athletes in Europe and Eurasia. Clinical oral investigations, 19 (8), 1891–1898.
23. Gallagher, J., Ashley, P., Petrie, A. et al. (2017). Oral health and impact on performance in elite and professional sport. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 51, 320–321. DOI: 10.1136/bjsports-2016-097372.94
24. Jepsen, S. et al. (2017). Prevention and control of dental caries and periodontal diseases at individual and population level: consensus report of group 3 of joint EFP/ORCA workshop on the boundaries between caries and periodontal diseases. Journal of clinical periodontology, 44, 85–93.
25. Sadovsky, V. V., Mandra, Yu. V., Sementsova, E. A., Kotikova, A. Yu, Legkikh, A. V., Nikitina, E. Yu, Bogdanova, E. A., Sabirzyanov, N. A. et al. (2020). Silicon-hydroxyapatite‒glycerohydrogel as a promising biomaterial for dental applications. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces.
26. Kragt, L., Moen, M. H., Van Den Hoogenband, C.-R. (2017). Oral health among Dutch elite athletes prior to Rio 2016/ Lea Kragt, Maarten H., Cees-Rein. The Physician and Sportsmedicine. DOI: 10.1080/00913847.2018.1546105.
27. Panfilov, P., Zaytsev, D., Mandra, J., Ivashov, A. (2015). On the deformation behavior of human dentin under compression and bending. Materials Science and Engineering, 41, 83–90.
28. Peres, M. A. et al. (2019). Oral diseases: a global public health challenge. The Lancet, 394, 10194, 249–260.