Subject. The increase in the number of works devoted to the influence of somatic diseases on dental health is steadily growing in the specialized literature. On the other hand, the requirements of the work of orthopedic dentists are dictated by the need for a clear assessment of the possible long-term results of prosthetics of teeth and dentitions, taking into account a number of factors, one of which is the presence and severity of general somatic pathology and associated diseases. The goal is to analyze the effect of hypertension on the life of some types of dentures. Methodology. As research methods, standard clinical and paraclinical methods for examining patients were used, recommended for use in the considered nosologies of the dental spectrum. A specially designed questionnaire was used that included the issues under consideration. As a study material, data from three hundred and ten patients are presented, who for various reasons needed repeated prosthetics and were divided into groups according to several criteria. Statistical data processing was carried out in accordance with the requirements for research of this type. Results. A correlation was found between the terms of comfortable use of dentures and the presence of a history of hypertension in patients. The main complaints of patients when applying for repeated prosthetics are identified and the reasons are structured that lead to a decrease in the service life of removable and non-removable prostheses for the somatic pathology under consideration. Conclusions. The data obtained can be used by orthopedic dentists in the clinical appointment of patients with partial and complete loss of teeth at the stage of planning the expected result when dentures are prosthetized and serve as the basis for further scientific work in the indicated direction.
predicting the results of dental treatment, the timing of the use of dentures, the impact of hypertension on dental health, prosthetics of teeth and dentition in somatic pathology
1. Astashina, N. B., Starkova, A. V., Rogozhnikova, R. A., Borodulin, D. V. (2014). Analiz prichin razvitiya konfliktnykh situatsiy v stomatologicheskoy praktike [Analysis the reasons for the development of conflict situations in the dental practice]. Ural'skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Ural medical journal], 5 (119), 31–33. (In Russ.)
2. Gvetadze, R. Sh., Andreeva, S. N., Butova, V. G. (2019). Aktual'nyye voprosy kachestva okazaniya stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi s uchetom sudebnoy praktiki po delam stomatologicheskoy napravlennosti za 1993-2017 gg [Actual issues of quality of dental care with regard to judicial practice in cases of dental orientation for 1993-2017]. Institut stomatologii [Institute of dentistry], 1 (82), 10–13. (In Russ.)
3. Patrina, V. D., ed. Vostretsov, A. I. (2017). Pravovyye problemy vozmeshcheniya vreda, prichinennogo nenadlezhashchim okazaniyem meditsinskikh uslug [Legal problems of compensation for damage caused by improper providing medical services]. Sovremennyye nauchnyye issledovaniya: teoriya i praktika.Materialy Mezhdunarodnoy (zaochnoy) nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Modern scientific research: theory and practice : materials of The international (correspondence) scientific and practical conference], 377–383. (In Russ.)
4. Trezubov, V. N., Spitsyna, O. B., Trezubov, V. V. (2015). Sistema ekspertnoy otsenki kachestva ortodonticheskogo lecheniya patsiyentov s zubochelyustnymi anomaliyami [System of expert evaluation of the quality of orthodontic treatment of patients with dental anomalies]. Uchenyye zapiski SPbGMU im. akad. I. P. Pavlova [Scientific notes of Spbsmu Acad. I. P. Pavlova], XXI, 2, 41–43. (In Russ.)
5. Davydova, S. S., Orekhova, I. V., Anisimova, E. N. (2016). Vyyavleniye patsiyentov s arterial'noy gipertenziyey na ambulatornom stomatologicheskom priyeme [Identification of patients with arterial hypertension at an outpatient dental appointment]. Meditsinskiy alfavit [Medical alphabet], 16 (279), 51–54. (In Russ.)
6. Trezubov, V. V., Mikhailov, S. M. (2012). Sistema otsenki kachestva ortopedicheskoy stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi [System for evaluating the quality of orthopedic dental care]. Stomatologiya [Dentistry], 6, 69–71. (In Russ.)
7. Anisimova, E. N., Sokhov, S. T., Letunova, N. Yu., Orekhova, I. V., Gromovik, M. V., Erilin, E. A., Ryazantsev, N. A. (2016). Algoritm okazaniya stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi patsiyentam s soputstvuyushchey patologiyey. Chast' 1 [Algorithm for providing dental care to patients with concomitant pathology. Part 1]. Stomatologiya [Dentistry], 5, 37–43. (In Russ.)
8. Dolz, J., Silvestre, F., Montero, J. (2014). Changes in general and oral health-related quality of life in immediate or conventionally loaded dental implants: a nonrandomized clinical trial. Int. J. Oral. Maxillofac. Implants, 29, 2, 391–401. DOI: 10.11607/jomi.Three thousand four hundred seventy nine
9. Anisimova, E. N., Davydova, S. S., Orekhova, I. V., Sokhov, S. T., Ryazantsev, N. A. (2015). Algoritm stomatologicheskogo lecheniya patsiyentov s arterial'noy gipertenziyey v ambulatornykh usloviyakh [Algorithm of dental treatment of patients with arterial hypertension in outpatient settings]. Rossiyskaya stomatologiya [Russian dentistry], 4 (8), 11–18. (In Russ.)
10. Koshelev, K. A. (2016). Otsenka vosstanovleniya rechevoy funktsii posle ortopedicheskogo lecheniya patsiyentov s poterey zubov : dis. … kand. med. nauk [Assessment of speech function recovery after orthopedic treatment of patients with tooth loss : dis. ... cand. med. sciences]. Tver, 130. (In Russ.)
11. Petrikas, O. A. (2000). Kliniko-eksperimental'noye obosnovaniye primeneniya adgezivnykh metodik pri protezirovanii bol'nykh : dis. … d-ra med. nauk [Clinical and experimental justification of the use of adhesive techniques in prosthetics of patients : dis. ... dr. med. sciences]. Smolensk, 309. (In Russ.)
12. Belousov, N. N., Koshelev, K. A. (2015). Sroki rechevoy adaptatsii u patsiyentov so s"yemnymi zubnymi protezami, v zavisimosti ot vozrasta, povtornogo protezirovaniya i professional'nykh osobennostey [Terms of speech adaptation in patients with removable dentures, depending on age, repeated prosthetics and professional characteristics]. Institut stomatologii [Institute of dentistry], 2 (67), 76–77. (In Russ.)
13. Koshelev, K. A., Belousov, N. N., Ivanova, S. B. (2018). Analiz prichin povtornykh obrashcheniy patsiyentov za stomatologicheskoy pomoshch'yu [Analysis of the reasons for repeated requests of patients for dental care]. Vestnik Smolenskoy gosudarstvennoy meditsinskoy akademii [Bulletin of the Smolensk state medical Academy], 17, 3, 125–130. (In Russ.)
14. Getsmanova, I. V. (2016). Pravovoye znacheniye kosvennoy prichinno-sledstvennoy svyazi v sudebnoy praktike po delam o neblagopriyatnykh iskhodakh meditsinskikh vmeshatel'stv [The Legal significance of indirect cause-and-effect relationships in court practice in cases of adverse outcomes of medical interventions]. Vostochno-Yevropeyskiy nauchnyy vestnik [Eastern European scientific Bulletin], 1 (5), 25–28. (In Russ.)
15. Liang, R., Guo, W., Qiao, X et al. (2015). Biomechanical analysis and comparison of 12 dental implants using 3dfinite element study. Comput. Methods Biomech. Biomed. Engin, 18, 12, 1340–1348.
16. Clementino-Luedemann, T. N., Kunzelmann, K. H. (2006). Mineral concentration of natural human teeth by a commercial micro-CT. Dent. Mater. J, 25, 113–119.
17. Siribang-on, P. K. et al. (2009). Xerostomia, hyposalivation, and oral microbiota in type 2 diabetic patients : a preliminary study. J. Med. Assoc. Thai, 92 (9), 1220–1228.
18. Gay, I. C. et al. (2014). The effect of periodontal therapy on glycemic control in a Hispanic population with type 2 diabetes : a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Periodontol, 41 (7), 673–680.
19. D'amore, M. M., Cheng, D. M., Kressin, N. R. et al. (2011). Oral health of substance-dependent individuals: impact of specific substances. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 41, 2, 179–185.
20. Eustaquio-Raga, M. V., Montiel-Company, J. M., Almerich-Silla, J. M. (2013). Factors associated with edentulousness in an elderly population in Valencia (Spain). Gaceta Sanitaria / S. E. S. P. A. S, 27, 2, 123–185.
21. Gaszynska, E., Szatko, F., Godala, M. et al. (2014). Oral health status, dental treatment needs, and barriers to dental care of elderly care home residents in Lodz, Poland. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 9, 1637–1644.
22. Petri, A., Sabin, K., ed. Leonov, V. P. (2015). Naglyadnaya meditsinskaya statistika : uchebnoye posobiye [Visual medical statistics : tutorial]. Moscow : GEOTAR-Media, 216. (In Russ.)
23. Klages, U. et al. (2007). Perception of occlusion, psychological impact of dental esthetics, history of orthodontic treatment and their relationship to oral health in naval recruits. Angle Orthod, 77, 4, 675–680.
24. Koshelev, K. A., Belousov, N. N., Ivanova, S. B. (2018). Analiz otdalennykh rezul'tatov stomatologicheskogo lecheniya [Analysis of long-term results of dental treatment]. Vestnik meditsinskogo instituta "REAVIZ": reabilitatsiya, vrach i zdorov'ye [Bulletin of the medical Institute "REAVIZ": rehabilitation, doctor and health], 6 (36), 135–139. (In Russ.)
25. Koshelev, K. A., Evstifeeva, E. A., Belousov, N. N., Filippchenkova, S. I., Murashova, L. A. (2019). Otdalennyye rezul'taty stomatologicheskogo ortopedicheskogo lecheniya v aspekte izmeneniya kachestva zhizni [Long-Term results of dental orthopedic treatment in the aspect of changing the quality of life]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in dentistry], 15, 3, 152–157. (In Russ.)
26. Williams, B., Mancia, G., Spiering, W. et al. (2018). Authors/Task Force Members. 2018 ESC/ ESH Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: The Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology and the European Society of Hypertension: The Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology and the European Society of Hypertension. Journal of Hypertension, 36 (10), 1953–2041.
27. Boitsov, S. A., Balanova, A. Y., Shalnova, S. A. (2014). Arterial'naya gipertoniya sredi lits 25–64 let: rasprostranennost', osvedomlennost', lecheniye i kontrol'. Po materialam issledovaniya ESSE [Arterial hypertension among people aged 25-64: prevalence, awareness, treatment and control. Based on the research ESSAY]. Kardiovaskulyarnaya terapiya i profilaktika [Cardiovascular therapy and prevention], 13, 4, 4–14. (In Russ.)