Background. The annual growth of patients ' claims to dentists dictates the need to develop new methods of evaluation and quality standards of care. Often, patients are not happy with the timing of the use of dentures, which is associated with unjustified expectations that have not been adjusted by the attending physician. Relevance. Study of changes in quality of life parameters in a certain group of patients. Objectives. The standard clinical and paraclinical methods and psychodiagnostic analysis in the form of a questionnaire of quality of life were used as research methods. The data of sixty patients who needed repeated prosthetics for various reasons are presented as the material of the study. Results. The correlation of certain parameters of quality of life from the type of prosthesis is determined. So it is proved that patients with removable prostheses physical and emotional state suffers more than patients with fixed prostheses. The presence of depressive States and anxiety experiences is more pronounced in patients with removable dentures. It was determined that in the case of removable prostheses, the period of wearing is directly correlated with changes in the quality of life. At the same time, the quality of life of patients with fixed prostheses, on the contrary, changes minimally until the "critical" moment, when there is an urgent need to remove the denture. The average terms of prosthesis use in months are calculated. Conclusion. The obtained data can be used in research on dentistry and psychology; at the clinical reception by dentists – orthopedists at the initial consultation of the patient about prosthetics of teeth and dentition. The published material is part of the work on the prospective development of a method for predicting the term and long-term results of dental orthopedic treatment.
1. Gvetadze, R. Sh., Andreev, S. N., Butova, V. G. (2019). Aktual'nyye voprosy kachestva okazaniya stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi s uchetom sudebnoy praktiki po delam stomatologicheskoy napravlennosti za 1993-2017 gg [Actual issues of the quality of dental care taking into account the judicial practice in cases of dental focus over the years 1993-2017]. Institut stomatologii [Institute of dentistry], 1 (82), 10–13. (In Russ.)
2. Astashina, N. B., Starkova, A. V., Rogozhnikova, R. A., Borodulin, D. V. (2014). Analiz prichin razvitiya konfliktnykh situatsiy v stomatologicheskoy praktike [Analysis causes of conflict situations in dental practice]. Ural'skiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Medical journal of Ural], 5 (119), 31–33. (In Russ.)
3. Patrina, V. D. (2017). Pravovyye problemy vozmeshcheniya vreda, prichinennogo nenadlezhashchim okazaniyem meditsinskikh uslug [Legal problems of compensation for damage caused by improper provision of medical services]. Sovremennyye nauchnyye issledovaniya: teoriya i praktika : materialy Mezhdunarodnoy (zaochnoy) nauchnoprakticheskoy konferentsii pod obshchey redaktsiyey A. I. Vostretsova [Modern scientific researches: theory and practice : proceedings of the International (correspondence) scientific conference under the General editorship of A. I. Vostretsov], 377–383. (In Russ.)
4. Trezubov, V. N., Spitsyna, O. B., Trezubov, V. V. (2015). Sistema ekspertnoy otsenki kachestva ortodonticheskogo lecheniya patsiyentov s zubochelyustnymi anomaliyami [System of expert assessment of quality of orthodontic treatment of patients with dentoalveolar anomalies]. Uchenyye zapiski SPbGMU im.akad. I. P. Pavlova [The Scientific Notes of Pavlov University], 21, 2, 41–43. (In Russ.)
5. Kerschbaum, Th., Micheelis, W., Fischbach, H. (1996). Prothetische Versorgung in Ostdeutschland: Eine Untersuchung bevoelkerungsrepraesentative bei 35 bis 54 Jaehrigen. Dtsch Zahnaerztl Ztscher, 51, 452–455.
6. Trezubov, V. V., Mikhailov, S. M. (2012). Sistema otsenki kachestva ortopedicheskoy stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi [System of quality assessment of orthopedic dental care]. Stomatologiya [Stomatology], 6, 69–71. (In Russ.)
7. Abanto, J., Carvalho, T. S., Mendes, F. M., Wanderley, M. T., Bönecke,r M., Raggio, D. P. (2011). Impact of oral diseases and disorders on oral health-related quality of life of preschool children. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, 39 (2), 105–114.
8. Dolz, J., Silvestre, F., Montero, J. (2014). Changes in general and oral health-related quality of life in immediate or conventionally loaded dental implants: a nonrandomized clinical trial. Int. J. Oral. Maxillofac. Implants, 29, 2, 391–401. DOI: 10.11607/jomi.3479
9. Reissmann, D., Hacker, T., Farhan, D., Heydecke, G. (2013). The Burdens in Prosthetic Dentistry Questionnaire (BiPD-Q): development and validation of a patient-based measure for process-related quality of care in prosthetic dentistry. Int. J. Prosthodont, 26, 3, 250–225. DOI: 10.11607/ijp.3266
10. Koshelev, K. A. (2016). Otsenka vosstanovleniya rechevoy funktsii posle ortopedicheskogo lecheniya patsiyentov s poterey zubov : dis. … kand. med. nauk [Assessment of speech function recovery after orthopedic treatment of patients with tooth loss : dis. ... cand. med. science]. Tver, 130. (In Russ.)
11. Petrikas, O. A. (2000). Kliniko-eksperimental'noye obosnovaniye primeneniya adgezivnykh metodik pri protezirovanii bol'nykh : dis. … d-ra med. nauk [Clinical and experimental substantiation of application of adhesive techniques in prosthetics of patients : dis. … dr. med. sciences]. Smolensk, 309. (In Russ.)
12. Belousov, N. N., Koshelev, K. A. (2015). Sroki rechevoy adaptatsii u patsiyentov so s"yemnymi zubnymi protezami, v zavisimosti ot vozrasta, povtornogo protezirovaniya i professional'nykh osobennostey [Terms of speech adaptation in patients with removable dentures, depending on age, re-prosthetics and professional characteristics]. Institut stomatologii [Institute of dentistry], 2 (67), 76–77. (In Russ.)
13. Koshelev, K. A., Belousov, N. N., Ivanova, S. B. (2018). Analiz prichin povtornykh obrashcheniy patsiyentov za stomatologicheskoy pomoshch'yu [Analysis of the causes of repeated requests of patients for dental care]. Vestnik Smolenskoy gosudarstvennoy meditsinskoy akademii [Bulletin of the Smolensk state medical Academy], 17, 3, 125–130. (In Russ.)
14. Getmanova, I. V. (2016). Pravovoye znacheniye kosvennoy prichinno-sledstvennoy svyazi v sudebnoy praktike po delam o neblagopriyatnykh iskhodakh meditsinskikh vmeshatel'stv [The Legal significance of indirect causality in the judicial practice in cases of unfavorable outcomes of medical interventions]. Vostochno-Yevropeyskiy nauchnyy vestnik [Eastern European scientific journal], 1 (5), 25–28. (In Russ.)
15. Instruktsiya po obrabotke dannykh, poluchennykh s pomoshch'yu oprosnika SF-36 [The processing instruction data received by means of questionnaire SF-36]. URL : http://therapy.irkutsk.ru/doc/sf36a.pdf (date accessed: 10.09.2019 g).
16. Ed. Levi, L. (2005). The measurement of emotion: Psychological parametersand methods. Emotion, their parameters and measurement, New York : Academic Press, 47–63.
17. Fitmey, J. W., Mitchell, R. E., Cronkite, R. C., Moos, R. H. (2004). Methodological issues in estimating main and interactive effects: Examples fromcoping-social support and stress field. J. of Health and Social Behavior, 25, 85–98.
18. Fleming, J. S., Courtney, B. E. (2004). The dimensionality of self-esteem: II. Hierarchical facet model for revised measurement scales. J. of Personality and Social Psychology, 46, 404–421.
19. Osoba, D. (1997). Current applications to health–related quality–of–life assessment in oncology. Supp. Care Cancer, 2, 100–104.
20. Palmer, J. M. (1994). Analysis of speech in prosthodontic practice. J. prosth. Dent, 31, 6, 605–614.
21. Park, K. (2007). Park's Text Book of Preventive and Social Medicine. 19th ed, Jabalapur, India : M/S Banarsidas Bhanot Publishers, 27–31.
22. Suzukamo, Y. et al. (2011). Validation testing of a three-component model of Short Form-36 scores. J ClinEpidemiol, 3, 301–308.
23. Klages, U. et al. (2007). Perception of occlusion, psychological impact of dental esthetics, history of orthodontic treatment and their relation to oral health in naval recruits. Angle Orthod, 77, 4, 675–680.
24. Koshelev, K. A., Belousov, N. N., Ivanova, S. B. (2018). Analiz otdalennykh rezul'tatov stomatologicheskogo lecheniya [Analysis of long-term results of dental treatment]. Vestnik meditsinskogo instituta "REAVIZ": reabilitatsiya, vrach i zdorov'ye [Bulletin of the medical Institute "REAVIZ": rehabilitation, doctor and health], 6 (36), 135–139. (In Russ.)
25. Sharova, T. N. et al. (2008). Izucheniye psikhoemotsional'nogo i somaticheskogo sostoyaniya patsiyentov na stomatologicheskom priyeme [The study of psycho-emotional and somatic state of patients at the dental reception]. Institut stomatologii [Institute of dentistry], 1, 96–98. (In Russ.)
26. Sadykova, O. M., Zholudev, S. E., Elikov, A. V. (2018). Kachestvo zhizni kak pokazatel' effektivnosti maloy bal'neoterapii u patsiyentov, pol'zuyushchikhsya s"yemnymi protezami [The quality of life level as index of balneoteraphy in patient with remowable dentures]. Problemy stomatologii [Actual problems in dentistry], 14, 3, 49–55. (In Russ.)